Chapter 77: Supriya's welcome at Anga

Story Unfolds :

At a small secluded House near the outskirt of Hastinapur: At Afternoon:

One boy of thirteen was nodding his head dismissively. He was not ready to go back. Alone. His Choti Ma or little mother declined to go with him. So he was not prepared himself. He vowed to his mother that he would bring back his Choti Ma along with himself.

"Vrish, tuh Yuvraj hain. Tujhe wapas jana hoga. (Vrish, you are a crown prince. You have to go back as you have huge responsibility.)" His Choti Ma tried to resonate with him.

The boy looked at her direction and nodded his head violently. In both sides. To signal no. He was not going back.

"Vrish, hath mat kar. (Vrish, don't be adamant.)" She told him again. In the utter shock.

He nodded his head dismissively once again.

She made a face. Disappointed one. She knew how much this boy loved her. But she could not keep him with herself forever. As her condition was not good now. He was a Prince while she was a simple commoner. She was not be able to afford his royal lifestyle. But the boy was not interested to hear her pleads. What she failed to notice that for her he was just her adored eldest son, not a Crown Prince of any prosperous state.

He bent down and put his head on her lap. He loved to do that always. Till his early childhood he loved to sleep on her lap and listen her lullaby. She had good singing voice.

She bent herself too and put her face on his head. He smiled brightly. He had the apt knowledge of his mother's nature. She could not be able to be strict with him. She always tried to do that in vain.

"Vrish!!!" She whispered again softly. In his right ear. Near her mouth.

He demanded from her something unexpected "Janani suna, Maiya. Bahat din tune mujhe kahani nahin sunai. (Tell me a story, mother. You don't tell me stories nowadays.)"

Her eyes got blurred in tears instantly. By recalling her another son. Chitra who also demanded the same from her time to time. That boy also loved to hear stories from her. God knew who was telling him the stories?!!

At Far eastern corner of India, a boy of five was lying on the lap of another beautiful lady and listening to her life stories. His eyes were blurred too. In tears. He was also remembering his mother. The boy was Chitrasen and he was now lying on the lap of his elder Mother Padma.

       Chitra with Maiya Supriya