Chapter 70: Karna Met Supriya again

Story Unfolds :

At the Royal chamber of Queen: At Anga:

In the meantime a beautiful lady was sitting upright in teary eyes. Holding a letter in both of her hands. Her eyes were vacant yet blurred in tears. She had read the letter sent by Uruvi to herself. By the hands of their chariot driver Sumedh.

"Priyo Jiji,

Nahin ham kabhi apse Mile na ap Ham se. Achha hi huwa ki apne meri jysi Papin ki mukh darshan nahin ki. (Padma snorted aloud while reading this line. How dare she to call herself as a sinner?!!!)

Ham apko byakul nahin karna chahte parantu pichle 15 dino se Supriya Jiji bahat bimar hain. Woh bhojan nahin karti. Kehti hain ruchi nahin hain. Uprantu jo bhi khati ulti kar deti hain. Bahat durbal ho gayi hain. Baat nahin manti meri. Unke sarir main bahat se paribartan bhi akasmat a gaya hain. Ane pe bistar se batayenge. Dhaima kehti hain shishu ki bridhi aswabhik hain.

Ar toh ar woh apni dhyan bhi nahin rakhti aur patra likne ki tin din purv se bukhar main tarap rahi hain. Dhai toh unke prano ko leke sandeh main hain. Ap patra milte hi sighratishra a jayiye. Apki Uruvi akeli par gayi hain. In 5 abodh balako ke sath joh niti din apni Maiya ke bare main puch rahe hain hamse. Kya bataye samajh nahin ata hame.

Apki aur Supriya jiji ki Dasi,

Uruvi"

[Dearest elder sister,

I never met you in this life. Nor you met me. It is a good omen in disguise. You have not seen the face of a sinner like me.

I will never bother you for me but I am petrified for the well-being of my middle sister Supriya. She for the past fortnight did not eat anything. When I tried to confront she said that she lost her appetite. I forced her to eat and she vomited the food. She was still now suriving on liquids. She is so pale and bloodless that you can't believe in your eyes. Her body was changing fast. The reason is unknown. The most experienced midwife Katyani is also scared stiff for her. She told me that the baby's growth is unusual. I will tell you more when we meet.

And more of that she didn't listen to my pleads and look after herself. I am frustrated of her indifference towards her own health. For three days, before I am writing the letter, she is sick with high fever. She did not gain her own consciousness for two days and was calling for you reoeatedly. I sincerely don't know what to do. I am feeling so helpless with those five toddlers who are asking me constantly about their mother's health. Help me please.

Yours and sister Supriya's maid or devotee,

Uruvi]

Padma forgot how many times she had clutched the letter in her chest and kissed it feverishly. It was her baby sister Uruvi's first letter to her. She had to be ecstatic in joy!!! But, she was scared too. God knew how was her Su nowadays?!!! The letter had reached to her in 10 days. Was she all okay now?!! Did she gain her senses?!! Or was she unconscious still now?!! She wanted to fly or at least to run to her Supriya at his very nick of the moment.