Chapter 89: Uruvi's rumoured miscarriage broke Supriya!!

Story Unfolds :

At the river shore of Ganges: In the war front:

Two persons were standing tall face to face. One was a man with poker face. While the other was a pretty woman. The man was calm. The woman was angry. The man had several queries in his mind. The woman had none. They were looking at each other as if it was the first time when they faced each other. At the battlefield. They forgot that they confronted each other. At the time of Bhanumati abduction. The years had passed away. Their memory of that incident faded away. To her, he was her Aradhya. To him, she was his Devi. To her, he was her mentor. To him, she was her disciple. Yet they did not know what to say when they had faced each other. Here. At this nick of the moment.

  Karna (above)  & Supriya (below)

Both of them were silent. Both were not a bit vocal persons. But their eyes had converted every emotion. Pride and joy in her. To save her masses. Disbelief and anger in his. For her not informing him. About the gruesome nature of the war. Those two people had preferred to talk with their eyes, instead of their lips.

He silently looked at her in disbelief and asked "Why?!!"

She had answered calmly his question without breaking her eye contact "It was mandatory."

He asked again silently "But why?!!"

She answered him truthfully "As a queen it was my duty."

"Could not you even try to give an information?!! About this?!!" He had asked her again. In silence.

She answered in mind "No. It was not possible. The spies of our enemy had prohibited to send letters."

God knew how long this silent kind of conversation went, but Chaya cleared her throat nervously and in choked voice called for the man

"Maharajah!!"

The man tilted up a little bit. He heard her voice. Then without even looking at her face, he ordered her "Rath pe uthiye. (Go and mount on chariot.)"