Chapter 22: Karna opposed the idea

Story Unfolds:

At Royal Palace of Anga:

"Asambhab. (Impossible.)"

A man screamed in thundering tone of voice. He was fuming in rage. How could his own best friend request him to marry again?!! His brain refused to believe that!!! He was none but the main male protagonist of our story. Anga Raj Karna himself.

                          Angry Karna

Angry Karna

"Maine tumhare Mitrata ki rin Chuka ne ke liye Rajkumari Bhanumati ki apaharan jyasa nikrishta karya tak swikar kar liya. Parantu dusri Bibah!! Sarbatha anucit!!! Mujhe apni Patni se atyanta Prem hain. Main unki apni sthan kisi aur ko nahin De sakta!!! (I have accepted a lowly act like the kidnapping of Princess Bhanumati. Just for the sake of your Friendship. But second marriage!!! Rubbish!!! Preposterous!! I love my wife more tenderly than you can think of. I can't give her place to someone else. No. Never.)" He replied in confident tone. He was so sure of what he was now talking to him.

Duryodhan insisted "Parantu Mitra maine yeah kab Kahan ki tunhe apni Patni ko chorna hoga?!! Maine toh bas yeahi chaha ki Kalinga Raj Chitrangad ki prathistha pe anch na aye aur Ham Hastinapur ko surakshit rakh paye!!! (But when did I tell you to abandon your wife?!! I just try to make this situation easy. I want to keep honor of Kaling King as well as of Hastinapur King too.)"

Karna narrowed his eyes to his best friend's face. He knew that he was quite right. The situation got truly complicated now. Kalinga King had declared war against the kidnapper of his daughter. He still did not have the slightest Knowelage that they both had abducted two Princesses, instead of only one. Supriya's identity was still unknown to him!!! He thought her as a simple maid that she was not!!!

He tried to snap at Duryodhan but he had to stop at once by seeing doctor entering into his chamber. He had great control over his nerves. So he could do that with ease!!!

"Badhai ho, Maharajah. Maharani Mata banne wali hain. (Congrats, my Lord. The Queen is going to become mother once more.)" The doctor had announced the good news.

The news brought tears in his eyes. He collapsed on the seat behind him. He could not believe that his wife had suppressed the news form him. Till now. Alas!! He did not know that he was going to loose the baby soon!!!

Duryodhan opened his eyes wide in shock. Then with a big grin he had donated his own pearl necklace to the royal doctor who with curt nod had gone out of the chamber. Leaving these two men alone!!!
.........................

At Another Room of Anga:

"Agar apko unse Prem nahin, toh ap unse Bibah ka prastab kyun swikar kar liya!!! (If you don't love him, then why you have accepted his marriage proposal?!!)"

A girl of sixteen was asking her own elder sister. In utmost shock. She did not believe in the idea of Marriage without love. She was the female protagonist of our story. Devi Supriya herself.