Chapter 80: Padma & Supriya welcomed Uruvi

Story Unfolds :

At a royal chamber of Queen: At the palace of Anga:

Two things were seen happening at the same time. The political scenario of Indian subcontinent was changing fast. But we would come to the point later. Now we had to concentrate on another thing. The welcome of Uruvi at Anga!!!

One beautiful lady was seen sitting at her bed restfully laying Her head on the bedpost. She was thinking deep. Her mind was racing fast. She got to know two news simultaneously. One of them was the coming of Uruvi. Her Nanad or sister-in-law Bhanumati, wife of Duryodhan, sent her the letter that she was bringing Her Uru with herself. She had to be ecastic in joy yet she was not. She was worried sick. The political scenario of India was the reason of her fear. She knew that a war was looming on the horizon. A war between Anga and Pukeya. Now let me introduce her to all of you. She was the dearest elder sister of Supriya Devi Padmavati herself. The mighty Queen and chief advisor of Anga state.

 The mighty Queen and chief advisor of Anga state

     Devi Vrushali (1st Karna wife)

She sighed deeply. She wanted the war not to take place. She wanted to avoid it at any cost. Because in a war masses had to suffer most. Crops were destroyed. The fields became barren. Most families lost their only earning member. As a queen she was never in favor of any war. But the King of the powerful Pukeya state became so very enraged that he wanted to hurt his own son-in-law. As the King of Anga, Karna, was son-in-law of King Basav of Pukeya as he married his only dear daughter Uruvi. But the old King was not in the mood of listening to anyone now. He was determined to destroy Anga and Karna in his own hands. The reason could be easily guessed as the marriage between Karna and his daughter Uruvi was not approved by himself. He planned to marry his dear daughter to to the arch rival of Karna. Prince Arjuna of Hastinapur.

She sighed hard and looked at two sleeping boys at her laps. Satya and Chitra. They loved to sleep in her lap. Since they came here. She ran her both hands through their hair and they smiled in sleep. They thought that their Maiya Supriya was loving them. In reality, Supriya was busy in making Vrishi asleep. That naughty boy refused to sleep and let her to be awake with him whole night. The tiny baby wanted to wrap his mothers in his fingers!!! Prasen, Sushen and Bana or Banasen loved to sleep with their mother too. But they did not try to harass her. A bit. They loved to hear a lullaby and went to sleep at her lap. You can see yourself that both those two girls loved their sons equally.

She smiled brightly and then leaned on the sleeping heads of Satya. She pecked on his forehead lovingly. She then did the same with Chitra. Both the boys smiled brightly again. They were dreaming of their own mother while sleeping in the lap of their big mother. Padmavati. She adored those boys more than her own sons. Vrish and Sudama. None could even blame Padma that he neglected Her stepsons than her own son Vrish or Vrishasen.
She was not a mean minded person. A bit. She was a selfless soul who loved even her masses as her own sons and daughters. The people dotted upon her too.