Chapter 12: Introducing Karna: Supriya's God!!!

Mera jivan...
Kora Kagaz..
Kora hi reh gaya..
Jo likha tha ansuwo ke sang
Beh gaya....

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Story Unfolds:

At the royal palace of Anga:

A man was looking intently at the rising Sun from his windowpane and was recalling his youth. He was not morose nor happy. He was in that phase of his life when he got almost everything. He proved his excellence on the Archery arena of Hastinapur, he got a best friend in Duryodhan, he tried hard to challenge Arjuna, his own arch enemy and he received the throne of Anga state as a gift from his best friend Duryodhan. More over that he became a proud father of a three year old toddler. Vrishasen. His married life was happy and blissful. Padmavati was the dream of any man. She was supportive. She was proud. She was a good advisor, great mother of his son and daughter-in-law to his parents. She was even a roll model to his younger sibling, Shone and his dear wife, Sumedha. He had to be satisfied yet he felt restless. For no reason.

         Karna (hero of our story)

He was feeling void or incomplete. In heart. Even if he was happy and did not want to look at any other girl in his entire life except his wife who had sacrificed so much for him, but he felt helpless. He was not in love with his wife Padmavati at the beginning. But being a soft hearted person he had realized her selfless devotion to him. She was not near of him when his fiance, Baishali, was alive. She even detached herself when she saw his proximity with Princess Ashavari. She was so happy for him!! In both the cases!!! He fell in love with her selfless attitude and sacrificial tendency. He knew it perfectly in his heart how much she loved him. What he meant for her!! Her entire life!!! Then why?!! Why he could not forget Baishali?!! He had admitted that Baishali was his just friend and nothing more. But why could not he forgot her then?!! Why he tried to discover Baishali in the pride of Padmavati?!!! Why her love and affection seemed like Baishali to him?!! Why her support was taken for granted to him?!! Why did not he take her as a wife instead of a friend?!!! He did not know!!! It was not the case that he did not love her anymore. He loved Padmavati tenderly. And he would. Wholeheartedly. But why he was still searching for Baishali in her? He did not know that!!! A bit!!!

A small sigh escaped his mouth. He did not understand himself nowadays. He was so happy at one moment and so indifferent in another. What was he missing?!!

All of a sudden he sensed a soft tug on his right leg. He looked at the leg and discovered his toddler son, Vrish or Vrishasen, was clunging to it. He had clutched his white dhoti in both of his tiny palms. He was pouting his lips cutely. It meant he wanted to draw his father's attention!!!

 It meant he wanted to draw his father's attention!!!