Chapter 114: Supriya saw Karna's corpse!!

Story Unfolds :

At the 17th day of Mahabharata war: At a tent of Anga: At evening:

"D.E.V.I."

She heard a clear whisper along with a sigh at the very end. The voice had reached her eardrum repeatedly. It broke the silence of the evening time.
The voice trembled slightly as if the person was in pain to utter a simple word like this. She shivered hard. She did not expect that. She with greatest effort tried to get up from her bed. Yet her head spinned. She fell down. But with great mental strength she lifted her upper body with the help of her right hand. She clutched the bed post with her that Palm. Her Body was too numb and paralysed. She could not be able to uplift herself with ease. Like she could just a fortnight ago. She lost her vitality. She lost her urge of living. She lost her sons.

         Devi Sutanuka Supriya

All of a sudden she stopped dead in her track once more. She heard the deep husky baritone voice in her own ears. It was calling for her. Only her.

"Devi... D. evi...."

She opened her eyes wide in horror. The voice choked at last. As if the person was feeling great pain to call for herself. His husky voice seemed to disappear in the silence of the gloomy evening time. She identified the voice at the very beginning. It was of her dear husband Karna's!!!!!

The Akand Jyot or the lamp on her bed post flickered a bit. Then with a gust of chill it blowed up. The room became dark all of a sudden.

She could not tell whether she was dreaming or not!! In dreams he called her as "Sutanuka"!!!! But here he had called her clearly as "Devi" and also as "Supriya"

She could not tell whether she was dreaming or not!! In dreams he called her as "Sutanuka"!!!! But here he had called her clearly as "Devi" and also as "Supriya". So it meant she was not a bit dreaming now!!! It meant he was remembering her!!!

With great effort she clutched the bed post of her with her right hand. Her knuckle got white in the process. As her body felt numb. She dragged her numb body out of the bed. She could not. She fell down. From the big bed. With a thud sound. On her stomach. Yet her legs did not hurt. As she lost the feelings of pain. Of her body. She with effort lifted her eyes to the room. It was now empty. None was seen to be here!!! Not Padma!!! Not Uruvi!!!! Not Vrishaketu!!!! Not even Syala!!!!! It was completely empty. Only she was here!!! No other living human being was here!!!