Chapter 19: Abduction of Bhanumati & Karna's conditions

Story Unfolds :

At Royal Palace of Anga:

"Main tumhare sahayata kar sakta hoon. Kebal do sharto Main. Ek ki Main Swayambar Main bhag nahin lunga. Mujhe aur apamanit hone ki spriha nahin hain. Uparantu Main Apni patni se santust hoon aur atha Prem karta hoon. Unke sthan main kisi aur ko nahin de sakta. Dusri shart ki agar tum Kanya ko apaharan karna chahte ho toh tumhare Param Mitra hone ke nate main keval tumhare rath ke sarathi banunga. Kanya ki anga sparsh tumhe karna hoga. Main keval rath aur ghoro ko sparsha karunga, kisi abibahit kanya ko nahin."

(I can help you. In two conditions. In the first one, I am not talking part in any Swayambar. I have been insulted enough in them. And more of all, I am in love with my wife. I don't want to marry again. In Second, if you want to abduct the girl, then you are free to do that. I will be your charioteer only. I will touch the buckle of the horse, not any girl. Mind it!!!)

One man was standing calmly before his best friend while telling this. He was the main protagonist of our story. Anga Raj Karna himself.

           Karna (Hero of the story)

Duryodhan looked at his face with awe. He knew what he told he meant exactly that. His nerve was made of iron unless after the untimely death of his son adopted Sudama at Panchal Princess Panchali's Swayambar, he would not help him. His heart melted for his best friend. He knew what his friend Karna to him!! At the archery Competition he used him as his own weapon!!! To avenge against Pandava brothers!!! But when he got to know Karna he was truly in love with him. Now he could kill anyone in his bare hands who would hurt his friend!!! This soft side of Prince Duryodhan was still unravelled by most of us. He was really the most complex and fierce character of Mahabharata.

He slapped on his thigh and then got up from his seat. It was his nature. His this nature style of talking created a havoc in Draupadi Bastra Haran Day and ultimately brought his death!!!

"Main vachan deta hoon, Mitra. Tum keval mere sahayata karoge. Bas. (I promise you, my friend. You will just help me. That's all.)" Duryodhan told him assuredly.