Chapter 23: Padma convinced Karna to marry Supriya!!

Story Unfolds:

At Royal Chamber of Anga:

A lady was now sitting in her bed. She was waiting eagerly. For her husband. She was none but Devi Padmavati. His first and adored wife. His support system for lifetime. If she would not back up him, he would never be so great. Behind becoming Karna the selfless love and support of Padma, devotion and self-surrender of his Supriya, arrogance yet adoration of his Uruvi all were mandatory. Unless Mahabharata would never discover the greatness of that man. A bit!!

 Devi Padmavati (1st Karna Wife)

Padmavati was sitting upright in her bed. Her head and back was put on a pilow. She felt quite weak but her own mind was racing fast. She knew that the news of her pregnancy would at this time reached to her husband. Then why did not Karna try to meet her?!! At least once!! She was so angry on him.

She made a face and cursed her own pregnancy hormones. Then she had blushed hard by making a devilish plan all by herself. Now onwards she would push him to Supriya!!! Let see what would happen then!!! She then smiled brightly in her mind. You could see how selfless this lady was in reality!!! Any girl would die for a big hearted sister like her!! Any husband could adore her!! Any brother-in-law would worship her!! That was the true reason why she was worshipped and respected by Duryodhan, Arjuna and Yudhhisthir!!!!

Duryodhan entered into the room and cleared his throat nervously. He felt nervous on her presence always. He respected Padma a lot. As his sister-in-law!!! This side of Duryodhan was unknown to all!!!

"Bhabi.. (Sister-in-law)" He slowly called her.

She smiled at him and signalled at a place near her. He obeyed her. He always obeyed her. Only if he could obey her wise advice of avoiding the war of Mahabharata!!! Then the fate would be changed!!

"Bhabi, main ati prasanna hoon. Par main dukhi bhi hoon. Maine hi apne hathon se apki pariwar thod diya!!! (I am very pleased today. Yet too sad. I myself broke your family. Your heart too.)" He lowered his head to floor to hide his discomfort.

She looked at him. With awe!! She was so unsure!!! What he wanted to say!!

"Bhabi, main swarthi hoon. Agar pata hota toh main Mitra ko apne Mitrata ki rin se mukta kar deta. Mujh murkh ko koi adhikar nahin tha ek Patni se uski Pati ko chinne ki. Ek santan se uski Pitah ko chinne ki. (Sister-in-law, I am a selfish man. I have no right to be his friend. If I knew about your pregnancy then I will never let him accompany me. In that mission. I will free him from the bondage of my friendship. I have no right to snatch away a husband from a wife. I have no right to snatch away a father from a would be child. I am guilty.)" He had cried in pain while uttering this. Then he rubbed his eyes.

She stared at him. Calmly. Without uttering a single word. She knew how what he would demand from her!! A sacrifice!!! Sacrifice of her marital bliss!!! That she already had sacrificed for the sake of her husband Karna!!! To welcome her baby sister!!! Her Su!! Her Supriya!!!