Chapter 5: "It's a Rational Deception"

"Like I said I get to decide how my class is run..." he lifted his hair out of his face and gave a crazy eyed grin, "understand...if that's a problem you can head home right now."

His eyes glanced at his class. Young Midoriya looked like he'd faint from the fear as he clutched at his wrist in apprehension. Bakugo was a little to eager. Everyone else was stunned save for Iida who took everything in stride.

Ochako spoke up, "You can't send one of us home! I mean we just got here even it was the first day that's not far!"

Akemi sighed softly at her naivety as she shook her head. "You'll learn dearie..."

"Oh and you think natural disasters are? Or rampaging villains, hmm, or catastrophic accidents that wipe out whole cities no the world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to combat that unfairness."

"If you wanna be a pro your going to have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years U.A. will throw one terrible hardship after another at you so go beyond Plus Ultra." He smirked and motioned with his index finger in a taunting gesture. "Show me it's no mistake your here."

"Now then we're just wasting time by talking," his crazy grin returned, "let the games begin..."

Akemi smirked as the test got underway as it progressed she frowned at the fact that young Midoriya was essentially at last place. She heard heavy panting and looked over the edge of the roofline and saw Toshinori (All Might) peering behind the corner of the building. She smirked softly and knew that Midoriya was the reason he came. She'd have to ask about that later...

Shota was observing Bakugo and Midoriya's short term run with a hum of thought.

*Testing the upper limits of their powers helps me to assess their growth, it becomes clear what they can and can't do. Their true potential.*

"Runners at your marks!!!" The gun sounded, *Sometimes you have to be creative in order to succeed,* and he watched with a half lidded gaze as Bakugo instantly used his explosive quirk to surpass Midoriya. He frowned at the lack of potential he was seeing in young Midoriya. He had expected more. Akemi had spoken highly of this kid he expected to see a better turn out than this it was a shame that wasn't the case.

Akemi was whispering. "Come on kid where's that drive, that power, don't let Shota psych you out!"

The ball throw was interesting when Uraraka threw the ball. Akemi smirked as it vanished into space and as Shota showed the ♾ sign on his phone screen she laughed at the students stunned gasping.

"Oh kids you haven't seen anything yet just you wait I'm going to give you lot hell you'll be bruised by the end of the day tomorrow!"

It was Midoriya's turn. Akemi's keen hearing allowed her to hear the students conversations. Idia spoke with his hand on his chin. "If Midoriya doesn't shape up soon then he's the one going home..."

Bakugo was quick to respond. "Well of course he's going home he's a quirkless loser!"

Akemi frowned darkly at that. She had little patience for bullying. She smiled as Idia defended Midoriya. "He has a quirk did you not see what he did in the entrance exam?"

"Huh?" Akemi smirked at Bakugo's confused expression.

Shota gazed intently at Midoriya. *here it comes...*

Midoriya took a moment likely to ready his nerves and then reached back to throw with his full power. Shota frowned he knew if that continued this boy was going to be nothing but a useless rag doll.

Akemi's eyes widened when Shota frowned in anger and quickly activated his quirk as his black eyes flashed a bright red. His hair levitated and his capture scarf followed suite effectively silencing his students as Midoriya was left in a stunned daze by the fact that his throw only reached 46 meters.