Chapter 154: Yep Their Future Looks Good

All the girls were plagued with trembling bottom lips and tearful eyes over the loving wedding day story. Shota and Akemi were gazing into each other's eyes with a loving look uncaring of the reactions of their students. Most of the boys smiled softly at the sight.

Hitoshi was grinning softly as he held a snoozing Emiko in his arms with Tsukiko purring against his side. Eri was sitting on the ground staring up at the couple with wide eyes and a huge happy grin.

Shota took his wife's hand and kissed her knuckles gently. "Shall we continue?"

Akemi chuckled. "And leave Eri unsatisfied by not finishing a good story, I'd never."

Shota chuckled. "The reception was incredible everyone we knew was laughing and dancing and it lasted for hours....I honestly don't remember most of it...pretty sure Vlad spiked Akemi's favorite punch at some point, even though we had enough beer."

Akemi rolled her eyes with a fond smile.
——————————————————————
Shota was smiling lovingly at his new wife. Akemi truly was stunning in that wedding dress. He couldn't wait for the honeymoon though. As they walked into the reception room only to be bombarded by their friends and family members. Family meaning Hizashi and the Yuriemoto's alongside Akemi's honorary grandmother, the one and only Recovery Girl.

Shota was stunned by the elegant wedding cake and saw Manami Yuriemoto grinning in pride over her masterpiece of culinary confection. Hizashi Yamada was in charge of the music and as much as Shota was hesitant about that he knew it was better than having Nemuri handle that. Knowing her the woman would find the most provocative music out there in circulation to play in the after party.

Thankfully the music was subdued. Shota was about to dance with his wife until he felt a tap on his shoulder and a sudden, "Ahem." He turned around to see Nobuyuki Yuriemoto smiling at him with his hand outstretched towards his daughter. "You'll have her for the rest of the night and for the rest of your lives together as a married couple, but I am not going to let her go without at least one dance."

Shota smirked and graciously stepped out of the way with a slight bow and spoke. "She's all yours Sir."

Nobuyuki chuckled and patted his shoulder affectionately. "Good lad."

Akemi smirked softly and took her father's hand. She was dancing as much as she was hugging her father. Nobuyuki smiled softly as he saw that she was now barefoot. Shota smiled at the beautiful sight of seeing Akemi standing on Nobuyuki's shoes as if she was a young child.

Nobuyuki closed his slate grey eyes and rested his head against hers. He whispered softly against her hair as he kissed the top of her head. "I'm so proud of the woman you've become sweetheart...so very proud."

Shota smiled brightly at that interaction before he heard another, "Ahem..." he turned and saw Manami with her hand outstretched. Shota grinned and bowed as he took her hand to dance with his new mother-in-law.

Manami smiled. "Akemi married well, you're quite the dancer Shota."

Shota blushed and chuckled apprehensively. "I've...had some practice."

"With Akemi no doubt. I see ice skating helped with that huh?"

"Yes it did and thank you for suggesting it all those years ago. My balance and reflexes are sharper than ever now because of that."

The song ended and the couple were reunited again. "This Song Goes Out To The Loving Bride And Groom!"

Shota and Akemi heard the song Speechless playing and they smiled fondly at the grinning Hizashi Yamada before slow dancing to the song.