Chapter 104: A Ghostly Inspiration

The General Studies department was thrilled when Hitoshi got his inspiration back after Akemi returned to U.A. He decided to scrap his original idea and focus on just having fun.

He smiled softly as he remembered his conversation with The Scariest Teachet at U.A.
———————————————————————
One week ago...

Hitoshi was unmotivated and his classmates finally had enough and had Akemi intervene. Akemi slowly opened the door.
"Hitoshi..."

"No don't come in!"

It was to late Akemi saw all the sketches of Yokai and American horror and angrily torn up drawings.

He sighed heavily and didn't meet her gaze. "Hitoshi why are you going to such lengths to scare me? Your putting to much pressure on yourself."

"I...I don't know I wanna make you proud I guess? I mean...you've done so much for me and well I kind of wanted to see if I could get the scariest teacher at U.A. to scream like a child over something scary for a change instead of you doing the scaring."

Akemi smiled softly and hugged him. "Oh sweetheart you don't have to go to such lengths for me to be proud of you."

"But..."

"Hitoshi your not having fun are you?"

"Well...I was...until those villains ruined it."

Akemi noticed the torn up drawings of snakes falling from the ceiling and spiderwebbed walls and Freddy Kruger and her heart was saddened by the realization. He didn't want to bring those memories into his Haunted Labyrinth. 

Akemi finally spoke. "Hitoshi all I want is for you to have some fun. Forget about trying to scare me, so long as I know that you're having fun I'll be happy. You still have time, talk with the others and do what you guys want in order to make this the best Haunted Labyrinth ever."

Akemi then sighed and spoke. "Actually if you want to know what scares me the most it's the ghost Yokai."

"Ghost Yokai?"

"Yes I once had an encounter with a real ghost in the Aokigahara Forest."

As soon as she said Aokigahara Forest Hitoshi's face paled. "The suicide forest! What the heck were you doing there!"

"It was for a dare against Vlad. A few other students in our class went hiking around there one Saturday evening. Shota was of course against it but I wasn't one to back out from a dare. I had to stay in there for an hour after sunset. I was starting to get the uneasy feeling that I was being watched. I was going to head back down the path towards the entrance until I heard a voice behind me. I turned around."

She was staring at the drawing of a black haired Yūrei in a white dress. Akemi's voice was haunting. "I saw a woman, in a white kimono gown. She was crying...crying tears of blood...and her eyes were glowing pale white orbs. She spoke towards me with a faint haunting whisper...

"Cherish your lover, but watch out for the killer...because if your not carful...they could be one in the same..."

...I ran out of that forest faster than Iida and straight into Shota's arms."

She looked at Hitoshi grinning and spoke. "If you truly want to scare me take inspiration from that."
———————————————————————
Hitoshi finally turned the Haunted Labyrinth into something he was proud of. He grinned wickedly and took inspiration from the others as well on their own ghost experiences or favorite ghost stories.

His crazy grin was a permanent expression on his face and honestly the other students were just glad to see him working on the project again.

This was going to be the haunt of the century.