Chapter 121: The Fear of a Relaspe

Akemi was currently putting the third years through Hell.

"Come On Third Years Pick Up The Pace This Is Pitiful! I Expected This Sort Of Thing From First Years During Day 1 Of Class! Honestly You Don't See Togata Complaining, And I Know He Can Still Whoop Your Sorry Butts Even Without His Quirk! So Stop Complaining About The Cold Or Else You'll Be Running Another Two Miles Got It!"

Akemi was irritated and it showed in her twitching right eye. Togata shuffled over while still doing impeccable fighting techniques. "Miss Yuriemoto you okay? You seem a little on edge...well more so than usual?"

"Hitoshi is undertaking his entrance exam into the hero course today and I'm stressed out from the fear that all our training might not be enough. He's worked so hard for this and as his mother...I...I just wanna see that dream come true."

"Don't worry Miss Yuriemoto I'm sure he'll do fine. After all you and Mister Aizawa taught him!"

Akemi smirked softly. "Ever the optimist Mirio, thank you."

Mirio smiled brightly. "Happy to help! Means that I'm living up to my promise! I'm positive he'll get into the hero course!"

Nejire grinned happily as she, rather nonchalantly, kicked her sparing partner in the head sending the guy to the ground. "He's right Miss Yuriemoto! Think positive things!"

The other student groaned on the floor and Nejire blinked and leaned over him speaking to him with her bubbly personality. "Hey are you okay? I didn't kick you that hard did I? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Akemi turned and spoke towards the boy, who was wearing the protective headgear, and currently groaning on the floor. "Get up Hideyoshi. For someone who's quirk is Good Luck you seem to be lacking in the Luck aspect today."

The boy named Hideyoshi groaned as he got up again.

Tamaki walked over and spoke with a slight timid mumble. "Miss Yuriemoto are you going to see Eri later again?"

"Yes I am and you three are more than welcome to join?"

Mirio grinned as he spoke. "I have the free time...Nejire and Tamaki on the other hand..."

Akemi blinked and then sighed groaning into her hand. "Oh right you both still have classes, sorry my bad..."

Nejire tilted her head like a curious dog and spoke. "You seem more troubled today than usual and I don't mean that just because of what's happening with Hitoshi, which is exciting, and stressful, and—!"

Akemi silenced her with a finger to the girl's lips. "Nejire rambling..."

"Oh right sorry! Sooo what's bothering you?"

Akemi sighed and spoke. "I can't stop thinking about Eri...the fostering process is going a lot slower than we expected it to. Even with Mitsuki Bakugo as the social worker for this particular case it's challenging. I was expecting for it to be a big pain in the ass but I didn't expect it to be this aggravating! The social services department is questioning us over the fact that with her inability to control her quirk that having her around a infant is well...let's just say that it's becoming quite a road block."

"You mean that they're fearful of the possibility of Emiko being...uhhh...you know...rewound."

"Yes...Shota and I know that Emiko is a infant, but she's an infant who has a quirk like her father's. Despite her being one years old Emiko can control her quirk to a certain extent, mostly using it to tease her Uncle Hizashi. Eri however...she can't control her quirk. What irritates me is that she's just a little girl, she shouldn't be treated as anything less! She's not a dangerous threat! She doesn't need to feel like she's going to hurt everyone. Her therapist is amazing at her job thank you for advising her for us Tamaki. She's been helping her to emotionally grow as a child and to understand that she is not going to be punished for everything she says and does but...sometimes she gets scared and we've noticed her relapsing into her internal trauma of self hatred and I realize all over again just how much that girl has suffered."