Chapter 155: Well...That's Unfortunate

Akemi was in the process of getting Emiko to walk, shortly after story time was over, and everyone soon joined in.

Emiko wasn't up for walking around right now though. Instead she followed her Baba around as he got up to prepare a sandwich for lunch.

Emiko squealed happily as she followed after him saying. "Baba!" Shota grinned brightly and chuckled as he played keep away with her by peeking around at her from furniture only to quickly run around to the opposite side when she crawled around to get to him. Soon Emiko found that it was easier to crawl underneath the furniture and snagged him by grabbing onto his boots. She looked up at him and grinned happily.

"E aug Baba!" Meaning: (I caught Daddy)

Hitoshi chuckled and commented that as soon as Emiko can walk that it will be their dooms because they will have to baby proof everything...afterwards he suddenly passed out on the couch!

Everyone stared at the passed out teenager in shock as Hitoshi started snoring.

His insomnia had been a real dictator over his sleep schedule for some time now and it had only just now decided to back off and let him sleep again. Naturally the urge to sleep hit him hard, like Midnights Somnambulist quirk. Shota sighed at the snoring teenager.

"I already knew he wasn't sleeping much, I mostly thought it was just the stress of training and all the pent up endorphins running through his veins over his intense desire to get into the hero course, but it would seem that he's a fellow insomniac."

He sighed softly at the sight and shook his head. "Huh...he's definitely family...We really should have him try aromatherapy Akemi because this isn't going to cut it. It's only fine when I'm like this, I'll survive, the same can not be said for him and his grade point average."

Akemi rolled her eyes with a loving smirk. "If he's anything like you Shota, and we all know he is...aromatherapy won't help when it's this intense."

"Huh I know..."

Hitoshi ultimately slept on the couch for the rest of the afternoon and neither parent had the heart to wake him or move him.

As individuals who knew what it was like to pass out from their insomnia before, they knew it was cruel to wake him up especially when he was this comfortable. So he slept there for the night with a blanket draped over him by Akemi. She kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight Hitoshi. Sweet dreams..."
——————————————————————
The snow had diminished enough for Shota to feel comfortable enough to head out on patrol tonight. He was in his winterized version of his normal hero outfit and had his signature capture scarf around his shoulders. He had been contemplating this for a while now but he needed to start up again in the hero scene.

His conversation with Eri was a topic he and Akemi had been hesitating over.

Shota set Eri down on her bed and sat down next to her. "Eri...you know that I'm a pro hero right."

She nodded. Of course she knew. He was part of her rescue team after all, but he wanted to ease into this gently and start with the simple facts first. "But I haven't really been doing that lately. I've been doing all that paperwork with Akemi so that way you could stay with us. It took a long time so I stopped for a little while but I wanna start doing hero work again."

Eri looked at him, "What about..."

"She's been unable to do hero work because we have Emiko who needs her here right now. Same as you Eri."

Eri was looking at him wide eyed, curious about where this was going but not saying anything to Shota as he laid it out for her. He continued, hoping he was doing the right thing with this discussion.