Chapter 89: The Past Comes Back To Haunt You...

The festival doesn't start for a month right? So I guess that Eri's visitation was like the end of week one of that month?

So here's some filler for ya.
But this is by NO MEANS a simple little slice of life.

Shota's past comes back to haunt him...and his family...
———————————————————————

Akemi woke up quickly when she felt Shota jerk next to her, but she just shifted around him and fell back asleep. There was a loud meow coming from the other side of the bed then a hiss from Tsukiko and Akemi quickly opened her blood red eyes and looked over worriedly.

She immediately sat up on her knees when she saw Shota gripping at the bedsheets tightly in one hand while the other was covering his head protectively.

"Shota?" She called reaching out to touch his bare shoulder but that was a foolish mistake.

The moment her fingertips brushed up against his skin his hair lifted from his pillow and his bright red eyes snapped open. He was looking straight ahead with a crazed look in his eyes. It was pure unbridled Wrath!

He wasn't himself at this moment his battle instincts were on overdrive. Akemi knew what this was, it was his PTSD from his parents deaths kicking in and knowing her husband she was actually a bit scared.

"Shota wake up, it's just a dream!" Akemi called out louder desperately trying to rouse her husband from his wrathful PTSD episode. She was worried that if she touched him it would make it worse but she needed to get him out of the past and she needed to cancel his quirk. She reached out with firmer hands and pressed down on his shoulders.

"No! Don't hurt her!" He yelled and she unintentionally flinched at his voice, it was so loud and full of pain. She closed her eyes ready to jab him with a barb to jolt him out of his past only to let out a scream of surprise when something wrapped tightly around her wrists.

Her blood red eyes widened it was his scarf coiled around her wrists and tightening like a Boa. Shota had a bruising grip around her wrists and it was slowly squeezing tighter the more she struggled. She had forgotten he went to sleep wearing it. She blinked her eyes and looked down at him. He closed his eyes tightly and let out a groan "Nooo please don't hurt them..." his scarf kept a tight hold. "Hitoshi Take Emiko And Run! I'll save your mother!" He suddenly started sobbing and then yelled in agonizing pain and unbridled rage, "Hitoshi, Emiko, NOOOOOOO!"

Akemi suddenly had his scarf around her neck. He was choking her! He had tears of wrath and agony streaming down his face as he screamed.

"I'll Kill You For What You've Done!!!!!"

"SHOTA!" Akemi cried out as she gasped for air and his eyes snapped open. He sat up and his scarf instantly loosen around her wrists and neck.

"A-Akemi..."

Akemi held up her shaking bruised hands towards her bruised neck and slowly regained her breath. "Akemi! Oh darling I'm so sorry!" He said, reaching his hands out for her wrists but she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling the layer of sweat that had coated his skin and cried over all he was suffering with.

"Oh Sho! Oh Darling are you okay?" She asked gripping him tighter, thankful that he was awake again.

"I'm fine...Akemi let me see!" he said seriously but he still gasped for breath between his words.