Chapter 50: The Mural

I do not own the photo all credit goes to the creator!

After further thought over the mural Akemi decided against the ash trees in favor of the Japanese styled paintings she often reverted to whenever she's painting with the ink. The furniture they bought and beautiful cradle Yaoyorozu made were inside the next room as Akemi rolled her sleeves dawned a painting apron and painted the walls like an ancient ink painting.

Using her barbed hair and many paint brushes she painted mountain sceneries of cherry blossoms trees and two sacred red headed cranes with the crimson red sun on the wall where the cradle would be. On the other walls she also painted more mountains and more flowering trees with ancient pagodas and mountain waterfalls leading to bamboo forests. When she finished Akemi smiled at her masterpiece and turned towards the main entrance only to gasp in shock as her students stared into the room with wide eyes of amazement!

"Singer and artist! Seriously Miss Yuriemoto you could've made a fortune!"

Akemi smiled softly at Kirishima's praise and spoke. "Thank you Kirishima."

They all entered taking extreme care of not touching the walls and marveled over the beautiful murals. Todoroki was in awe over the mural as he did 360 degree turn around only to stare at Akemi in shock. "This is the work of masters..."

Akemi smiled fondly at their amazement. Even Bakugo was stunned into silence. "I'm glad you all approve but now that I look at it I'm regretting doing cherry blossoms. All the...pink...I'm not sure how he's going to handle it." She bit her bottom lip in apprehension. She had mixed the white blossoms with the pink in all of the trees but still it was pink and she knew her husband's view of that color.

"Leave it. It's perfect Akemi."

The students hastily turned around to see their Homeroom teacher with a slight grunt of discomfort in his side from the stitches as he stood within the doorway. He was smiling as he slowly entered and looked around the places where furniture was going to be were painted in such a way that it would appear as though those sections of empty mountains with only a few flying birds were deliberate. Everywhere their wasn't going to have furniture placed along the walls were showcasing the flowering cherry blossom trees that even merged into the vanishing shelves, which she also painted.

He smiled brightly at her and her smile widened. "It's perfect Akemi... I noticed you added the sacred Tanchōzuru."

"Of course they symbolize longevity, good luck and happiness."

He smirked lovingly. "I remember our wedding, your father made 1000 paper cranes as a wedding gift to wish us a long and happy marriage."

Akemi smiled lovingly and kissed his lips softly before speaking. "Their birds which mate for life Sho..." Shota grinned lovingly down at her as she gazed into his eyes with an alluring desire and spoke with love in her voice as her fingertips gently weaved through his long black hair. "and are incredibly loyal and faithful to their partners."

She stood on her toes and kissed him softly with a small moan before parting and whispering with a panting breath. "Even in death the souls of the mated pair are still bound by their love. They wait for one another and dance to their rekindled love upon their reunion. Their a sacred bird, but it is in death that they achieve immortality in order to preform their heavenly purpose. In a golden plumage they descend to carry the souls of the departed on their backs towards the heavens."

He caressed her cheek softly with a loving smile and pulled her close for a long kiss.

"Hey love birds get a room your embarrassing the children!"