Chapter 143: Confident

"OKAY FOLKS THIS IS THE FINAL ROUND WE GOT THE LIVING YOKAI AKEMI YURIEMOTO VERSUS THE CANCELLATION NINJA SHOTA AIZAWA!!! I WANNA HEAR YA'LL MAKE SOME NOISE!!!"

The students were surprised to see Mister Aizawa was without his Grandfather's goggles.

"Wait you're using your scarf! Was that legal!"

The students heard the referee. "I'll allow it."
——————————————————————
Akemi remembered her conversation with Shota as she saw the scarf.

"Changing it up I see is that legal?"

She heard the referee and smirked. "Surprised that you're not gonna wear the goggles."

He spoke with a smirk as he grabbed his capture scarf. "I don't need the goggles to fight you Akemi."

Akemi smirked and cracked her knuckles.
——————————————————————
Mr. Yamada spoke. "LET THE FINAL MATCH BEGIN!"

Shota smirked and instantly activated his quirk canceling out Akemi's quirk and used his capture scarf as a way to immobilize her but Akemi was quick to react she grabbed his scarf and pulled him towards her and attacked kneeing him in the stomach. Shota grunted and smirked as he had to blink.

"That—That was a cheap move..."

Akemi smirked and playfully bantered. "Oh come on your faster than that Shota your distracted about something...I wonder what it could be?"

Shota's eye twitched and Akemi frowned and realized that prodding him like that was a mistake as she quickly leapt behind him. Her quirk was activated as he was still recovering from the lack of air and he was forced to evade her attacking hair.

Akemi wasn't even facing him as her hair attacked him!

It was just like their first sparring match during Class 1-A's introduction to Akemi!

Shota tried to use his scarf in a movement that he had yet to master. But instead of wrapping up her waist he wrapped up her hair near her scalp from behind her and pulled on his scarf rather hard tugging her head back and she yelled angrily.

"DAMMIT SHOTA!!!"

Shota was stunned and quickly apologized. "I'm Sorry!!!"

"No You're Not!!!" She was struggling to break free.

Shota blinked and then smirked at her. "Come On Akemi That Was Almost To Easy..."

Akemi turned her head and grabbed the scarf and pulled hard with a irritated frown. "Then Come At Me Instead Of Toying Around!"

Shota smirked wickedly and charged forward and retracted his scarf from her hair as his quirk activated and they went at it in a fierce martial arts battle! They were landing every attack with insane power and yet they weren't even showing signs of pain save for their clenched teeth!

Akemi kicked the back of his legs but what would've crippled a lesser man onto his knees Shota used that as a chance to leap backwards kicking her in the jaw as he leaned back on his opened palms. Akemi was unfazed by that kick to the jaw and watched as he did a triple handstand then a backflip landing on his feet and smirked as he held his capture scarf in one hand with his quirk activated.

Akemi cracked her neck with a loud pop and a haunting glare as she charged at him again with a fierce intensity and crazed psychotic grin on her face. Shota was grinning wickedly at her as he blocked her attacks and instantly turned around her body and used his scarf to try to capture her but his eyes weren't glowing and she ensnared him and threw him upwards by her hair.

Shota used the momentum to his advantage and shot out his scarf at her and wrapped her arms up by the wrists. Akemi smiled as she chuckled and jumped up and spun around using her hair as a thick whip to get him to release his grip on the scarf. He was hit and slammed into the ground with a groan. He sat up and reached for his scarf but realized it wasn't on him he instantly looked at her with wide eyes and saw that his scarf was in her hands!!!!

Shota stood up with his quirk activated and his red eyes narrowed dangerously. Akemi smirked.

He charged forward but Akemi expertly used his scarf and captured him wrapping him up like a mummy with a smirk as she danced around him tying him up before tugging on the scarf so he had to kneel. He was immobilized.

"WITH THAT RIVETING BATTLE THE FINAL MATCH OF THIS YEARS SPORTS FESTIVAL IS CONCLUDED! AKEMI YURIEMOTO WINS!!!"

Nobuyuki was cheering loudly through the video. "THATS MY DAUGHTER WHOA-WHOOOO!!!"
———————————————————————
Shota remembered their conversation with a fond smile.

Akemi smirked "Looks like I win."

Shota smirked at her and said as he was released from his own capture weapon only to see her still holding it. "Yeah, now can I have my scarf back?"

"Nope...I like it so it's mine now."

Shota frowned and Akemi rolled her eyes and scoffed handing it to him. "Oh come on Shota I'm just teasing with you."

Shota smirked and spoke. "Very funny."

"Actually I've been meaning to ask are you copying me?"

"What oh ummm...yeah I guess. You move your hair so effortlessly and well I figured that a weapon like this could help in my fighting technique."

"You know you could've asked for my help."

"I ummm...could really use the help. Maybe we can train together sometime?"

Akemi turned to him and smirked. "Shota Aizawa if that's your way of asking a girl out then..."

Shota blushed. "Oh what no! I mean...you're pretty and all...I just..." He tried to bury his face underneath his scarf. "Oh jeez I'm sorry I...Uh!"

She kissed his cheek and grinned.

"It's a date then."

His first kiss on the cheek was broadcasted on live television and his beet red face and crazy grin were only beaten by his sudden happy...

"YESSSSS!!!"
——————————————————————
Nobuyuki was stunned and the now laughing students and Eri heard the slight strain in the man's voice through the video as he spoke. "Can I get Old Ronin now Manami?

"NO! Akemi likes him and he clearly likes her! You saw how sloppy his techniques were with that capture weapon and it's clear he's taking inspiration from Akemi and you."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Yes dear, take him under your wing in the internships."

"Oh alright fine! But I'm setting a few things straight with that little gutter-punk!"

"Of course you are dear...of course."