Chapter 68: A day with the Grandparents

Akemi hung up the phone and turned around to the Japanese themed ascetics of her parents mountainside home. The view was breathtaking, but the drive up...not so much...especially when you have a bumpy road and a fussy crying baby in the backseat combined with a meowing cat and snoring purple haired teenager.

She stepped out of the house in order to make sure that she was alone as she "spoke" towards Sir Nighteye over the phone.

She was still very pissed off about the whole thing and wanted to join them in their search for little Eri. As she opened the door however the reason she couldn't was as clear as day. Her sweet little Emiko was getting paraded around by her smiling grandpa busy giggling happily while Tsukiko followed them around meowing at them, meanwhile Emiko's 'big brother' was helping his honorary grandmother in the kitchen.

He was drooling over the Shogayaki which is a thinly-sliced ginger-fried pork, and the whole Yakizakana cooked fish, and Shrimp Tempura, of course that's not counting the other dishes Manami Yuriemoto was making.

"I'm so going to get these recipes..."

Akemi sighed into a fond smile. As much as she wanted to join Shota in the mission to rescue Eri she could only trust in her students, her husband, and the other pro hero's to prevail in their mission. Akemi stared out the window and sighed softly.

*Get Eri Home Sho...Get Her Home.*

She was already wanting to give this poor child a permanent home as an Aizawa and they haven't even saved her yet! But she's a mother and she was going to be there for this poor girl when the time comes.

"Hey Akemi sweetheart why don't we show the kids the gardens?"

Akemi smiled brightly at her father. "I'm going to get my Shakuhachi flute!"

"And I'll get my Koto!"

Shinso was stunned by the beauty of the musical performance in the tranquil Japanese garden underneath the pagoda within a island in the middle of a koi pond.

Akemi smiled as Emiko was falling asleep in Hitoshi's arms.

Later that night...however, Emiko was the opposite of content.

Shota arrived back from his scouting mission to gather any intelligence about Eri only to find Akemi awake in their bed trying to console a crying Emiko who was within her arms.

"Akemi what's wrong?"

Emiko heard her daddy's voice and instantly looked at him with her big pitiful black eyes that shifted to blood red as she blinked. She started babbling at him and threw her unicorn plushie at him. Akemi smirked into a mocking tone. "She wanted her daddy that's what's wrong Sho! Now get your butt over here and console your crying daughter!"

Shota hurried over and took his crying baby girl and rocked her as she instantly clung onto his hero shirt. He sighed softly and kissed her little forehead gently as he laid down beside his wife. Akemi spoke softly with a frown.

"Get her home Sho...You Get Her Home!"

Shota turned and saw her ringing the blankets together within her hands in frustration. He kissed her cheek. "I will...I'll get her away from that bastard."

"Shota language, Emiko..."

"Is too young to understand what I'm saying."