Chapter 132: SURPRISE HITOSHI

Akemi had handed off Eri too a groaning Hizashi in order to change Emiko. Hizashi and Eri were in the common room. Hizashi was on the couch with a migraine from a support course student who accidentally used her pain and wound transferral quirk on him giving him her migraine by a touch of her hand. She only took half of it back and now he was dealing with a full blown migraine before lunch! He heard his phone buzzing up a storm from Midnight and he groaned as he curled in on himself.

Eri walked over to the coffee table and stared at the phone with little messages on it and she read them. She practically screeched and Hizashi groaned pitifully as she ran up the stairs and down the hall before sliding on the laminate of Shota and Akemi's apartment into the living room.

"Miss Akemi! Miss Akemi! We gotta move quickly!"

Akemi looked up with a smiling Emiko in her arms. "What's wrong? Where's the fire?"

"No fire, but we gotta hurry!" she beseeched her. With each breath she tried to catch, her little shoulders and chest raised and expanded sharply. Akemi swore she could hear how hard her heart was beating. Carefully, she placed Emiko on her hip and put her other hand on Eri's shoulder, trying to calm her down.

"What happened, Eri?"

"Shinso got accepted into the Hero Department! We gotta get him something! Cake, presents, anything!" she cheerfully cried.

Akemi's eyes widen, glistening with happy tears! She quickly let out the breath she unknowingly held, her own shoulders slumping in relief. Just as fast, if not a bit quicker, she brightly smiled.

"That's great news, Eri!" When she saw her enthusiastically nodding her head, she asked, "What would you like to do for Shinso's gift?"

As if realizing how exuberant she had just been, she wilted a bit and nervously asked her, "Could we... could we get a cake and some streamers?"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, and I know the perfect pastry store to get that for him." Akemi felt her chest swell when a bright smile lit her little face again. "Go get your jacket and we can head out to shop."

Eri hurried to get her jacket from the living room couch. Quietly, she walked to the small closet next to the front door of the couples living room to retrieve a jacket of her own. It was a dark blue and was actually Shota's but she wore it more than he did.

Hearing the news about Shinso had been fantastic. The kid really pushed himself these past few months. From her own personal experience, Akemi knew that the Hero Department's course work could be pretty grueling from the student's perspective, especially with her class, but she could easily admit that Shinso had worked harder than most in certain aspects, namely the combat portion.

In the beginning, the kid hadn't exactly been very impressive physically. He was pretty twiggy and didn't have a stance that let him stand his ground. The way he was easily pushed and flipped during the Sports Festival had shown that.

Nonetheless, he had seemed passionate enough, even if he didn't radiate it constantly like Midoriya. How much passion that kid had to become a hero surprised her though.

Eri told Hizashi about Shinso as softly as she could and Hizashi grinned.

He had thought that Shinso was going to be another one of the kids who said they wanted to be a hero but didn't really do anything to even the playing field between them and the students already in the Hero Department.

The kid had potential, just not much drive. How utterly wrong he had been.

Soon after the festival, Hizashi noticed a change in his best freind and the man's wife. Apparently, Akemi had sought Shinso out after the match and offered to train him. Shinso took her up on that offer. Hizashi's opinion of Shinso was lifted after hearing about that.