Chapter 23: TODOROKI VS. MIDORYIA

"ITS THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SECOND ROUND! THESE TWO HEROES IN TRAINING WERE BOTH FRONT-RUNNERS FOR THE FIRST HALF OF THE FESTIVAL! ITS MIDORIYA VERSUS TODOROKI!!!!!!"

Todoroki shot ice towards Midoriya but the boy countered by breaking his finger unleashing a blast of air that tried to shove Todoroki back but her created a ice blockade.

*He's reckless willing to break his bones to gauge at Todoroki's potential with his ice quirk.*

Todoroki shot ice towards Midoriya again but the boy countered by breaking his other finger unleashing a blast of air again!

"Lets continue." Todoroki shot ice towards him but Midoriya was ready for it and flicked his ring finger.

"Five more fingers good lord kid!" Akemi was silenced when she heard Todoroki's voice.

"You wanted an endurance match well you've got one. But I'll end this quickly." He shot another ice brigade at Midoriya who countered with his pinky finger. 

Todoroki rushed after Midoriya running along the ice. Midoriya used his broken middle finger and smashed the ice. Todoroki landed and but Midoriya leapt back but got his foot caught in Todoroki's ice. Akemi gasped in fear as Midoriya used his left fist to smash the ice to free himself only to see Todoroki unharmed as he used his ice to shield him.

"That was more powerful than any of your previous attacks. Your trying to keep me away smart..."

Akemi's eyes widened. "My god this kid is incredible..."

"What's the matter are you really that worn out by defending against my attacks?"

Akemi noticed something about Todoroki though he was shaking his body was cold and yet he's refusing to use his fire quirk to warm himself up. Midoriya apparently saw that to.

"I'm sorry about this but thanks for drawing it out...look at him he's furious that I'm not using his power." Todoroki huffed. "With your hands like that you can't fight anymore can you? Why don't we end this."

He shot an ice blast at Midoriya but the boy smashed it into ice cubes!

Akemi gasped as Todoroki spoke. "Dammit...with your broken finger! Why are you going this far?"

"Your shaking Todoroki...Its easy to forgot that quirks are psychical abilities that means there's a limit to the amount of cold your body can take! I get it usually you compensate by using your left side to thaw you but you refuse to do that now."

He grimaced. "Listen we are all giving our all to try and win...to make our dreams into a reality. To become #1! You Think You Can Win With Half Your Strength? LOOK AT ME TODOROKI!" He clenched her purple broken hand and spoke. "YOU HAVEN'T MADE A SCRATCH ON ME!"

"SO COME AT ME WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT!"

"Midoriya what are you trying to do? You want my fire? What did my monster of a dad bribe you or something! Now I'm mad!"