Chapter 97: Keeping their distance...but is it really for the best?

The atmosphere in 1-A's dormitory was sullen since the moment Shota Aizawa arrived from the hospital with Hizashi. No one dared to comment over the uneasy sight of seeing their normally stern, always logical thinking, Shota Aizawa reduced into inconsolable tears!

Shota was trying to tell his heart that this was the most logical move, that some time apart would do them some good. Giving them enough time to come to terms with everything that happened.

If it was the most logical decision then why did his heart say otherwise every morning he woke up without seeing her sleeping peacefully beside him.

It sure didn't feel like it was the most logical decision it felt more like heartbreak.

Yet he refused to admit it. He still couldn't find it in himself to forgive her yet. And that was another blow at his already broken heart.

The school bell rang signaling the end of day two without Akemi to go back home to. He sighed heavily and gathered his phone and class folder and spoke with little emotion in his voice as he walked out the door.

"The cultural festival is getting closer to two and a half weeks from today. You should be getting ready for your big performance. Class is dismissed..."

His students frowned upon the man's depressed tone and looked at one another in concern. Even Bakugo was showing some concern about the issue as they sat in the cafeteria.

"Well this sucks. I'd rather deal with Drill Sergeant Aizawa than a mopping depressed Aizawa."

Todoroki spoke as he lowered his chopsticks. "I can agree to that Bakugo something has to change. They can't continue on like this..."

Ashido spoke up with a few sniffles of oncoming tears. "You don't think this is going to ruin their marriage do you?"

Everybody looked down at their lunches.

Yaoyorozu frowned. "I'd like to believe it isn't possible but I just don't wanna think that it could be so..."

1-B had been informed of everything that happened and for once Monoma remained silent.

Ibara folded her hands together as she bowed her head and prayed. "God the Father please answer my prayer, heal their wounded hearts, and bring them the peace to find their way out from the sea of fear that is clouding their deep love for one another like a shroud. Let them be happy again. Let them no longer remain apart in their painful solitude...let them see how much they need each other..."

Her prayer was silently shared by the rest of the students as they slowly ate at their food.
———————————————————————
Shinso was depressed and unmotivated to work on the haunted house. He saw his drawings of fake serpents falling from the trap doors in the ceiling, and giants spiders covering every wall, and then the psycho Freddy Kruger drawing and he tore them to shreds before burying his head into his knees in his dorm room. All he saw were the villains that tore his family apart.

He just wanted them to be happy again.
———————————————————————
When Shota wasn't teaching he was locked in his bedroom laying on his bed and softly crying alone while staring at all their photo albums. All the happy memories that he had to go and screw up in one day! And all because she went and did what he didn't have the guts to do, not until his families lives were on the line, and that was confront his past.

She fought his past nightmares for him and got injured for him and that only happened because he wanted them to hide away in U.A. and just pretend that they would be safe when the reality was far from the truth. He was the reason his daughter was kidnapped and his wife felt as if she had no other choice but to fight for him. And get injured for him.