Chapter 139: Shota's Mental Battle

The video tape was like that of a movie quality camera's thanks in part to Nobuyuki's hair and him being in the front row. The video was at a good angle of the battle arena.

The announcer sounded like Present Mic and looked like him too without the obnoxious cockatoo hair.

Hizashi grinned beside Shota who smirked in his armchair. "Good Old Pops Could Really Rile Up A Crowd Huh Shota!"

Shota smirked. "Yeah and burst a few eardrums in the process..."

Hizashi laughed. "Thank God Mom Wasn't The Announcer, Her Sonic Screams Alone Were Brutal!"

Shota smirked and continued watching the video. He heard Nobuyuki's voice. "This match should be interesting?"

Mr. Yamada's loud voice boomed through the microphone. "ALRIGHT THIS MATCH IS NOT ONE TO IGNORE! NOW I MAY BE BIASED BUT I'LL GO AHEAD AND SAY IT NOW, SHOTA AIZAWA WAS A KID OF ROUGH HISTORY SHAPED BY VIOLENCE AND AMBITIONS TO BECOME A GREAT PRO HERO LIKE THAT OF HIS FALLEN PARENTS! I SWEAR THIS KID IS AS TOUGH AS TITANIUM!"

The video focused on a young first year. The red faced Shota Aizawa was hiding his face into his hand and groaning.

Shota remembered his embarrassment and a twinge of heartfelt pride.

"AND IN THE OTHER END WE HAVE A BLOOD BENDING SEKIJIRO KAN..."

His commentary was interrupted by his co-announcer and Mr. Yamada sighed as his loud voice boomed into the arena. "NO, I AM NOT QUOTING AVATAR THE LAST AIR-BENDER! JEEZ I'M BEING LITERAL! THE BOY CONTROLS HIS OWN BLOOD AS A WEAPON!"

Nobuyuki's voice chuckled behind the camera. "Well this should be fun..."

The students gasped in realization that around Shota's neck were his grandfather's goggles. With a stoic gaze he put them on.

Sekijiro also wore a pair of red gloves.

Kirishima spoke up. "Wait What? You guys were allowed to have a aspect from your hero costumes in your battles!"

"It was different back then."

The video showed Shota sizing up Sekijiro with a devilish smirk...
———————————————————————
Shota remembered the conversation...

"So you're a tough guy huh?"

Sekijiro frowned. "Shut up!"

Shota smirked. "Gladly, after I win!"
———————————————————————
The students watched as Mr. Yamada shouted from the announcers box!

"AND BEGIN!!!"

Sekijiro was quick and Shota smirked, instead of activating his quirk he ducked and dodged quickly evading the blood bending attacks with ease. He smirked and chuckled as Sekijiro was getting impatient.

The students heard Sekijiro's angry yelling. "Stop Running Away From This Fight! What Are You A Coward? Where's That Determination You Showed During The Entrance Exam?! Or Do You Have To Rely On Your Loudmouth Best Friend, And Ride On The Backs Of Others So You Can Fake Your Way Into The Big Leagues? WHY HIDE BEHIND THOSE STUPID GOGGLES AIZAWA SCARED OF SHOWING YOUR EYES HUH YOU COWARD!!!"

Shota stopped in his tracks and went ridged. Nobuyuki got a good angle and the students recognized his PTSD because they've witnessed it. Sekijiro grinned as he captured Shota.

Mr. Yamada was stunned and stood up wide eyed in shock before grabbing his hair. "WHAAAAA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING BOY?"

"Yamada calm down..."

"SHUT UP MAN THATS MY ADOPTIVE SON OUT THERE!"

The students laughed and Shota smirked softly.

Mr. Yamada argued with his co-announcer.
"FINE I'LL CHILL OUT YA HAPPY!!!"

He turned back and spoke in shock. "I DON'T BELIEVE THIS BUT SHOTA AIZAWA HAS STOPPED DEAD IN HIS TRACKS!!!!!"
———————————————————————
Shota was frozen in rage. His head shifted towards the smirking blood bending Sekijiro Kan and he snarled in rage. His hair levitated violently and a younger Sekijiro suddenly squeaked in apprehension over the haunting glint of glowing crimson red eyes hidden behind those goggles.

His quirk canceled and Shota broke out of the blood prison with a angry yell and charged over and attacking Sekijiro and pummeling him into the ground before punching him until he was out cold!

But something wasn't right...

"SHOTA ENOUGH CALM DOWN SON! SHOTA CAN YOU HEAR MY VOICE? CALM DOWN YOU WON! YOU WON!"

The students saw a young Nemuri running down the stands to help with Akemi and Hizashi running behind her. Shota heard Mr. Yamada's voice and blinked out of his PTSD and frantically tore off his goggles and tossed them away as if he was terrified to see them on him and stumbled backwards. He looked around as the world started spinning before he collapsed thanks in part to Nemuri who jumped the stands and knocked him out with her quirk by tearing her sleeve.

Everyone in the stands around Nobuyuki looked at the announcers box when they heard Mr. Yamada's. "OH CRAP HE HAD ANOTHER PTSD EPISODE! THANK YOU MISS NEMURI BUT GET BACK TO THE STANDS. THE MEDICAL BOTS WILL GET HIM OUT OF THERE! I'LL HAVE MY CO-ANNOUNCER HANDLE IT FOR A MOMENT!"

With that the loud man left the announcers box as Shota and Sekijiro were carried out on stretchers and Nemuri was hosted back up into the stands by Akemi's hair and high-fived by the relieved Harionago teenager.

The co-Announcer spoke. "Well...this match is over Shota Aizawa will be moving on...why don't we have a short break."

Nobuyuki's voice spoke up with a chuckled laugh. "Shota Aizawa...seems my daughter is a friend of yours...Wait Aizawa...Huh now why is that name so familiar and where have I seen those goggles before?"

Shota remembered what happened afterwards with a fond smile.
———————————————————————
Shota's Flashback...

He woke up to seeing Mr. Yamada and Hizashi's worried faces staring at him.

"What happened?"

"You had another PTSD attack Shota..."

Shota's eyes widened. "I didn't hurt Sekijiro did I?"

In the opposite bed Vlad woke up with a bruised face and swollen black right eye. "What The Heck Aizawa!"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you I didn't mean to I..."

Mr. Yamada silenced him. "Shota It's Best I Explain..."

After Mr. Yamada explained. Vlad's eyes stared at him in shock. "Jeez man you need therapy..."

Shota smirked softly chuckled. "I don't think they can handle my past..."

"Well I lost so don't go getting a big head Aizawa."

Hizashi grinned. "Come On You Guys The Next Match Is About to Begin!"
———————————————————————
Shota blinked out of his memories when the video paused and the students were facing him. "Mister Aizawa..."

Shota smirked. "I'm fine...just thinking about after that battle."

Yaoyorozu spoke up. "Was that an often occurrence?"

"For a while yeah...but most students were aware of not provoking me after they saw that fight. A kid with PTSD and a cancellation quirk was a great reminder of what happened when they were all four years old watching tv with their parents. Smart students put two and two together and learned to leave me alone."