Chapter 86: A remedy for a teething baby...oh no a Crawling Baby! We're doomed!

Class 1-A we're trying to plan out the finishing details for their musical performance on paper but a crying baby got in the way of that. Akemi looked like a train wreck, frazzled hair, and frantic tone to her voice as she tried to calm her screaming infant. "Oh sweetie I know your gums hurt. I'm sorry I wish I could take that pain away from you."

She tried the music box, Nope, she tried the lavender candles, another Nope, she was mentally drained and out of ideas to get her baby to take her nap. She also wanted to sleep herself!

Todoroki noticed the woman's frustration and stood up, walked over, and coated a small bag of baby carrots with ice and gave it to Emiko who happily gnawed on it relieved by the cold.

"I heard that cold items are good for pain for teething infants."

Akemi blinked in shock as Emiko slowly fell asleep from crying exhaustion. "Thank you Todoroki..."

"If she wakes up again from the pain, tell me, I'll help her with her pain." He was smiling at Emiko who babbled a baby version of a thank you at him before sleeping again. "Aga Oki..."

She could saw a few baby versions of a few of the students names.

Todoroki was (Oki)
Izuku Midoriya was (Uku)
Ochaco Uraraka was (Ah-co)
Asyui was (Oppy) like Froppy
Mina Ashido was (Ina)
Kirishima was (E-shi)
Bakugo was (Agoo)

She said that to the hotheaded teen as she threw mashed peas at him once when Akemi fed her from the high chair. Bakugo had commented about his teacher making weird faces being a disturbing sight only to get smacked in the face by mashed peas from Emiko who yelled "Agoo! Ado oboo!" Before blowing a raspberry and frowning into a pouting face getting her momma and the other students to laugh until their sides hurt.

That's pretty much all that she got so far.
————————————————————————
Later that evening and three more frozen carrot bags from Todoroki and Akemi was now sitting on one end of the living room across from her baby girl. Emiko wasn't screaming over hurting gums instead she was on all fours and kept bouncing forward and backwards as if that would make her go.

Akemi was smiling beautifully at her daughter encouraging her to crawl, "Come on Emiko. You can do it."

Emiko wobbly moved her left arm forward but she fell to her side with a grunt. The front door opened and a pair of keys were placed on the hook. Shota studied what was going on. He asked, "Trying to get her to crawl?"

Akemi didn't take her eyes off of her child as she answered, "Emiko was on all fours and was about to move forward but she teetered to her side."

Emiko smiled big with a light squeal. Akemi heard a bag rustling and tore her attention away towards her husband, "You went to the store?"

Shota nodded as he pulled out an outfit from the bag, "I got Eri something to wear when she gets discharged."

Akemi nervously laughed, "Oh. Uhm... Sho... Maybe not for when she is discharged. Those are pajamas right?"

Shota looked at the pajamas with any sign of cats imprinted on it, "Yes, they are. Why? Shouldn't she be comfortable?"

Tsukiko rubbed against her owner. Her tail lightly tickling her chin. Akemi pushed down her tail while she answered, "Yes she should but maybe she could wear those at home. If we have to take her else where, maybe she should wear normal clothing. Normal comfortable clothing."

She didn't know how to tell her husband that it was atrocious and a child shouldn't wear that out in public. At home, sure. In public, no. Shota laid the pajamas on the back of the couch. "Okay so I'm not an expert at clothes shopping."