Chapter 85: A kitty and a teething baby

The next day...after some more persuasion with the hospital staff Shota was, rather reluctantly, given the green light for bringing Tsukiko to visit Eri.

Hitoshi was grinning as he held a meowing Tsukiko in his arms. Akemi unfortunately was at home dealing with a cranky Emiko. Her teeth started coming in last night so her little gums hurt which meant no sleep for their little baby...or anyone else for that matter.
———————————————————————
Shota remember Bakugo's irritable groaning over the crying baby at breakfast. "Grahhhhhhh is there no mute button for that baby?!"

Midoriya face planted into his cereal bowl and started snoring. Thankfully he hadn't poured milk into it yet. Eyeryone else looked like they'd pass as vampires with their five o'clock shadows. Shota sighed as he regraded Bakugo's remark.

"Huh. Unfortunately no, there is not Bakugo."
———————————————————————
So it was just Shota and Hitoshi today.

Shota knocked on the door and poked his head in. "Eri it's Mister Aizawa."

Eri was watching a familiar cartoon called Tom and Jerry. She giggled over Jerry and little Nibbles outsmarting Tom.

She looked up when she heard his voice. "Mister Zawa your back!"

Shota smirked. "I brought Hitoshi with me."

Hitoshi poked his head in and grinned. "Heya Eri I managed to smuggle in a new friend." He stepped in and held out a grey and black stripped cat with white paws and lime green eyes. Tsukiko meowed at her.

Shota groaned. "What he meant to say is that the hospital gave us permission to bring her."

Eri was in front of Hitoshi the moment Tsukiko meowed at her. Her red eyes were wide open and shining brightly at the happily meowing cat. Hitoshi put Tsukiko on the floor and the cat started purring and walking around Eri who giggled happily and sat down petting the cat.

"Sooo soft..."

Shota blinked at that. "Wait, Eri have you never petted a cat before?"

Eri frowned even though Tsukiko was purring against her. "No...every time I tried to the bird people would tell me no and I never got to. I never tried to after the last time I tried when I ran into that green haired boy and Le-million. Chisaki was very mad at me..."

Shota was on his knees in front of her he gently took her hands and spoke. "Eri I have no way of knowing the extent of what you've been through but... you are not alone in this. I was in a similar position of abuse with my foster father. He treated me poorly, beat me until I had to wear long sleeve shirts in June to hide my cuts and bruises over how I constantly defied him. When I got into U.A. I had found my freedom from that pain. Eri I won't rest until you find your own version of freedom."

He gently wiped away a tear as she looked up at him. "Promise?"

"I promise."

Hitoshi smirked. "Trust me Eri he's not one to break a promise like that. He's like a stubborn black alleycat surrounded by a pack of snarling dogs. He's not going to let anything stand in his way."

"Seriously boy stop acting like me!"

Eri giggled. Shota and Hitoshi grinned. "Mister Zawa can I see Le-million and that green haired boy? I never got to thank them for saving me...can I see them please!"

Shota wasn't sure what to tell her. He sighed and spoke. "I'll see what I can do Eri but it's all depending on the Hospital."