Chapter 134: Fostering Eri...No, We're Adopting Eri...AND THAT'S FINAL!

Akemi was in a somewhat calmer mood today, despite almost killing her husband earlier in the morning. She was in front of the small vanity desk where her jewelry and makeup was stored. Shota snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

He smirked devilishly and whispered into her ear. "Someone's tense..."

Akemi's battle instincts kicked in the moment he snagged her by the waist and she used her hair to shove him away before wrapping him up and aiming her barbs at him. She blinked out of her battle reflexes and then sighed as she let go of her wide eyed husband.

"Don't do that Shota...your lucky I didn't jab you with a barb."

Shota smirked softly and then pulled her closer to him. "Your so tense," he caressed her cheek softly with the back of his hand and kissed her lips. "So what's bothering you?"

"You know what's bothering me...We had a hard enough time just fighting to even foster Eri now I'm going to that department building and tell them that we're not just going to foster Eri but instead we're going to adopt her! Are you so sure that we can get them to agree to this after all it took just to get that fostering process approved? And with her horn suddenly growing again they might just say no altogether..."

Shota caressed her cheekbone with his thumb and kissed the corner of her mouth.

"I'm going to work on that little hiccup, hopefully Monoma will be of some help for controlling her quirk. As for the child-service department you're going to get questioned, that's a given, but we have a good reason for this adoption. Eri already views us as her parents, even if she hasn't begun to call us her parents yet. It's clear that she doesn't want to be anywhere else. I don't think it would be very wise on their part to crush that little girls happiness like that by denying us the right to be her legal guardians."

Akemi sighed softly and smiled at him. "I sometimes forget the fact that you've been through this rodeo with social services before."

"I'm surprised by that dear...all the times I've been complaining and snarling like a grumpy Wolverine over the mere thought of dealing with that hectic rodeo circus."

"Well I better get Emiko and head out. Good luck today with Monoma..."

Shota smirked and kissed her lips softly before he heard Emiko's happy giggling when Akemi went into their daughters nursery. He walked out to get some coffee.

A few hours later...

Shota was walking down the halls of U.A. when Hizashi suddenly joined him.

"What do you want Mic?"

"Why do you always ask me that?

Shota turned with a deadpanned stare and eyebrow arch. "Do I really have to answer?

"Alright you caught me..." he smirked and spoke towards the aloof man.

" he smirked and spoke towards the aloof man