Chapter 122: Therapy Session, Monaka's, and Ice Cream!

Akemi had been in Eri's designated room within the the teachers lounge many times now but every time she has to quell the urge to get her paintbrushes to paint the bland walls! It's simply furnished: a twin bed, night stand, and dresser, plus a rather large armchair Principal Nezu had placed for the girl to sit in and read, one of her favourite hobbies.

The room is still pretty austere looking – Akemi has seen the pictures of her old bedroom, and on the advice of her therapist has kept her new room rather bland. The furniture is all a boring beige colour, though the bedside lamp is decorated with painted flowers. Still it was sooooo bland and granted their own room was muted grey and dark blues and purples but nothing beige!

The therapist noticed the woman's twitching eye over the color and sighed softly. "I know too much beige but it'll be better for her to decorate the room how, and as, she wishes. It'll give her more opportunities to express what she wants. When the time comes to move her in with you and your husband then you can help make her colorful fantasies come true."

Akemi turned and sighed. "I know Annaisha but it's so much beige..."

"I'm sure once she is ready she'll let you help her paint her room any color she wants!"

Akemi knocked on the door and opened it a smidge to see the little girl sitting in the massive red armchair reading a picture book. "Eri it's Miss Akemi..."

Eri lifted her head up and her eyes lite up at the sight of her. "Miss Akemi you're back!"

Akemi flinched over the words, the thought that Eri would ever think that she wouldn't come back was a unseen thorn of reality in the adult woman's heart. That was yet another thing she'd have to help Eri overcome.

Akemi smiled softly as she entered. "Of course I'd come back! You're here after all and I wanna know how you're doing?"

Eri looked down slightly. "Another talk again?"

Akemi frowned softly as she spoke gently. "Yes Eri another talk again, but don't worry I've removed all the frisbees."

Eri still looked apprehensive about this when Miss Annaisha entered. "Hello Eri I'm sorry about the last visit I know it's hard for you but Miss Akemi has brought someone who she thinks can help you get through this without any fears."

"Mister Zawa?"

Akemi smiled softly at her first guess. "Nope!"

A blonde head poked in and a big grin adorned the face of Mirio Togata as he entered and closed the door. "Heya Eri-Chan!"

Eri ran over and hugged his legs. "Lemillion!"

"Heya Eri how ya been?"

"Good..."

"That great!" He picked her up and carried her over to the armchair acting like she was a plane. "Airport control we're coming in for a landing...package is clear for drop off!" He placed her on the armchair. "Package is secure!"

Eri giggled. "Your funny!"

"And you're adorable!"

Akemi smiled. Miss Annaisha wrote down the interaction with a smile before speaking. "Eri how have you been doing with your reading and writing?"

"I can read the book Mister Zashi got me and...and I can write my...uhhh...I can write more now..."

Akemi took notice of how Eri stopped speaking when she was about to mention her name.

Eri (壊理) "break, reason"

Akemi knew Chisaki used that as another means of diminishing her self esteem into one of self hatred.