Chapter 81: The Funereal and Bring your Daughter to work day

And so the day came for Sir Nighteye's funereal. It was a extremely private affair with police officers around the building to keep reporters at bay. Akemi was in her black kimono with a somber gaze as Emiko was innocently oblivious to the mournful situation and was currently nibbling on her momma's fingers. Shota noticed his wife's somber gaze on the casket and affectionately wrapped his right arm around her waist. She turned to him and he softly nodded towards her. She smiled and rested her head against his shoulder.

The entire interaction didn't go unnoticed by those present for the funereal. Rock Lock actually smiled softly at the sight as his own wife and small son were standing beside him.

"Heya Eraser."

Shota turned to Rock Lock. "Yeah..."

"Look uh...Sorry if I made ya feel bad about yer quirk man. I know I can be kinda brash at times but I sometimes forget that quirks have limitations to."

Shota smirked softly. "Thanks, Rock Lock."

"Also cute kid. I see she takes after both her parents...huh Harionago and Eraserhead." He winked and smiled at the pair as Shota stared at him and sighed softly as Akemi smiled. They knew the man wouldn't tell a soul. Rock Lock is in the same scenario with his own wife and young son.

Emiko grinned her toothless little grin at Rock Lock's son who merely blinked and cocked his head to one side as he stared at her before stuffing his fist into his mouth and babbling.
———————————————————————
Shota saw his students afterwards talking with their respective hero study agencies and knew what the conversation was about he sighed it was for the best right now. He smiled over how they seemed to agree with their mentors in postponing the hero studies.
———————————————————————
A few days later Emiko was a fast learner in regards to early development. She started forming semi intelligible sentences in a matter of a few days, after saying her first word, and started holding her head up without support. She even started attempting to sit up but it was a slow process.

Recovery Girl said this can happen with some baby's, fast development in some areas and slower in others.

Shota was on constant watch over his phone waiting to get a message on Eri's condition and today he had yet another child to worry and fret over. This one was currently strapped to his chest and flailing her little arms and legs about as if she were doing a little happy dance.

A little foot collided into his side and he grunted in pain.

"Ow! Emiko I know your happy but watch the legs sweetie."

Emiko looked up at him as he looked down at her and her leg kicking was subdued. "Baba?"

"Yes Emiko?"

"Ere Itty?"

"I don't know where Tsukiko is right now we have to go to class today. Unfortunately your Grandpa and Grandma got sick and your Momma has to take care of them. So you're spending the day with me."

Emiko giggled happily and flailed her arms and legs about again. "Baba!!!!"

Shota smirked. "I know yay!"

He then suddenly realized his situation. A baby in a class of rowdy students. His students!

*Oh no...*

Shota stood before his class with his daughter strapped to his chest. He stared at his class who couldn't stop looking at his daughter. He cleared his throat, "As I was saying, Emiko will be with me for today until her grandparents are feeling better. With Akemi there it shouldn't be more than a day. Now I'd like to start the-."

Emiko threw her stuffed pink unicorn onto the floor in front of his desk. Shota looked down at the unicorn. Emiko blew a raspberry while trying to reach for her unicorn.

"Uorn Uorn!"

Her father scolded, "You shouldn't have thrown it Emiko. Now you're just going to have to wait like a good little girl."

He turned back to his class with a flat look, "As I was saying once again, I'd like to start the day with-."

His daughter huffed kicking and flailing about in the front carrier. Shota closed his eyes for a moment with a muffled grimace that didn't go unnoticed or unheard by his students as he felt every kick and hand gesture his daughter was making. She stopped and he opened his eyes which were red for a brief moment while his hair levitated as he stared down at his daughter. He swiftly counted to ten before sighing as she gave him the quivering bottom lip and teary eyes that mimicked his own.

"Baba...?"

The students watched their homeroom teacher sigh in defeat as he walk around his little desk podium before picking up the unicorn. His daughter squealed in happiness before putting a leg back in her mouth.

Shota cleared his throat, "Anyway as I was saying I..."

He got a phone call. He hung his head. "Oh give me a break...huh I won't bother saying anything else Ectoplasm's class is starting soon. Get your stuff together and go take a quick break while I handle this."

He ran his hand over his face as he walked out the door. "I would love to have another three day break again..."

He headed down the hall and answered the phone. "This is Eraserhead speaking who is this."

"Mister Aizawa it's the hospital you said you wanted to be notified if Eri wakes up. Well she has, thankfully her horn and fever has gone down but her psychological state is still up in the air right now."

"I'm relieved to hear she's awake. I know she's not allowed visitors but I'd like to see her to hopefully get her used to people again. Also those of my students who helped in rescuing her have been hounding me for details about her wellbeing."

"Oh uh I guess that's alright given your quirk...but only you for right now. Would you like to see her today? She's been rather curious about how she got here after her big power surge...the staff and I think it would be best for you to tell her that yourself."

He sighed and spoke. "Of course but I have to drop off a little munchkin with her resident babysitter first."

"Ah...wait what?"

He hung up and headed towards the Third year's dorms. Mirio Togata was still a student, granted he was on leave but still he was allowed to stay at U.A. with his friends.

Mirio was sitting on a yoga mat in the dorms courtyard with a big grin on his face as he breathed in and out. He opened his eyes when he heard a happy shrill from Emiko.

He looked up and grinned. "Oh Heya Mister Eraserhead great to see ya and you brought little Emiko!"

He stood up and smiled brightly at the little girl who started babbling happily. "Mirio I need you to watch Emiko until these few classes and lunch is over I already made the staff aware of my absence."

"Oh of course you can count on me!"

"Good you can go to 1-A's dorm if you have to but everything for her care should be in this bag. I'd take her with me but I'm the only one who's allowed to visit."

Mirio was playing with Emiko until he registered what Shota had said. "Your talking about Eri right?"

"Yes she's awake but still not ready for visitors yet other than me. I'm only going as a means to slowly help in her social assimilation with other people. It'll take some time, but once she's ready you and Midoriya will be the first to see her."

Mirio gave a big grin as Emiko was babbling happily at him in his outstretched arms.

"Thank you Eraserhead."

"Call me Mister Aizawa kid."