Chapter 76: The Unlikely Friendship...and The Plan

Hizashi was lounging on a chair outside the cafe with the students who were busy laughing over the old photos he had of Shota and him on his phone.

"If You Guys Tell Him I Showed You These, It's English Quizzes Every Day Ya Hear!"

The students were biting their lips to keep from laughing as they nodded. After being told to lower the volume from Mrs. Ren from the Cafe Hizashi happily regaled them in his photo commentary.

"He said he just wasn't feeling like a school day, and I didn't wanna go without my best buddy so I suggested on carrying him

"He said he just wasn't feeling like a school day, and I didn't wanna go without my best buddy so I suggested on carrying him. He groaned a lot but ultimately took that as the free opportunity to nap...but man was he heavy! We got there in time until I fell in a puddle and got us both wet."

The students laughed loudly at that. Until he showed the next picture.

 Until he showed the next picture

"Yeah he had a thing for scarfs. His room was bland but man once he realized he had to draw his hero costume his room was covered in drawings! The floors and the walls even the ceiling were covered in drawings! He even drew on napkins! Huh...I can thank Akemi for taking the picture."

"Yeah I regret taking that one he woke up shortly afterwards and beat me up until I was screaming uncle!"

Kaminari laughed. "Seriously Present Mic how are you guys even friends you're like polar opposites!"

"He looked like he needed a friend back when we were little and I was to obnoxiously kind, as he puts it, to not be friends. We were as thick as thieves in our heyday!"

Shinso was hesitant to ask but ultimately relented. "Uhhh is it true about his past foster parent?"

They saw Hizashi's happy grin shift into a stern expression. "Very true...as Aizawa would say he was a scumbag. An abusive bastard that enjoyed beating him up as he got older."

The students were stunned. Shinso and Ojiro were frowning. "But my old man got even with him!" Hizashi grinned. "Had him arrested for child abuse and Shota became an official Yamada although he kept his family name!"

Suddenly a man's voice spoke up. "Hey now you're not showing pictures of my son-in-law without me are you!"

Hizashi grinned with a scared expression. "Noooo I Would Never Do That Titanium Listener..."

Nobuyuki arched a brow. Hizashi panicked. "Please don't kill me!"

Nobuyuki rolled his eyes. "Soooo I hear you lot wanna throw a surprise party for Shota. Count me in."

Manami grinned as she moved her stingray hair out of her line of sight. Her blood red eyes glistened with a plan already in motion. "We can handle getting them out of the dorms for a while."