Chapter 95: YOU IDIOT!!!

The beeping sound of a heart monitor was the first thing Akemi heard. She opened her eyes and all she saw was blurry images of an iv bag and then a blurry image crawling up her body towards her face. Emiko saw her mother was waking up and cooed happily as she crawled towards her on the bed. Akemi groaned over her child's weight and blinked rapidly before her vision cleared and Emiko's face was inches away from hers.

"Wha...Emiko...?"

Emiko smiled and placed her little hands on her momma's cheeks and smushed her cheeks until her mommy had a fish face.

"MA-MAH!"

Akemi had tears of happiness in her eyes when Emiko fell back on her butt against the hospital blankets giggling happily. Akemi was smiling until she suddenly felt two different swats to the back of the head.

She groaned rubbing the hurt spots of her head with her non-injured arm and shoulder.

"Ow! Hey..."

She looked between the two men in her life, her beloved husband, and his best friend and saw that they weren't happy. Not. One. Bit.

Hizashi breathed in sharply before he started, "What Were You Thinking Going Off Like Some Lone Ronin? YOU HAD US ALL WORRIED SICK YOU CRAZY YOKAI WOMAN!"

Akemi flinched as Hizashi finished with a panting huff. Emiko was cooing happily at the interaction while pushing herself up with her arms.

"Ma-mah!"

Shota stayed off to the side with his arms crossed and eyes gazing down at the floor. His hair shielded his eyes and his scarf shielded his mouth from view.

He didn't have to talk to her about this. He had Hizashi to do it for him. He knew his wife already knew his opinion on this situation and yet...and yet...

He clenched his teeth into a snarl, closed his eyes, turned his head away and groaned in frustration before he finally looked at the woman he loved and spoke sternly.

"Your one damn lucky pain the ass you know that Akemi."

Hizashi gasped at the man. He was shocked by Shota's choice of words only to see the look on his best friends face and his stunned gasp turned into an understanding 'Oh'.

Hizashi then chose to make a strategic retreat. "I'll...be outside..."

Akemi stared at her husband in shock his eyes were red but not because of his quirk. Shota blinked rapidly and sniffed as he abruptly turned away to hastily wipe at his eyes and then stared at her with a broken distraught looking frown.

"In that one moment...that one horrible moment you broke my trust in you Akemi. I didn't know if I was going to make it there in time. Or wether I'd find you dead or alive! I didn't know what to think, I just ran! When I saw you injured like that I froze. I didn't know what to do! I'm a pro hero and yet I didn't know what to do to help save you..."

He blinked through his tears and spoke in aggravation towards her stunned face gazing at him. "That ambulance ride was Hell for me Akemi, and all Emiko has been saying since then is mama!"

Akemi was shaking with tears falling down her cheeks "Shota, I..."

He turned away from her and spoke with his hand over his eyes he was visibly shaking. "You went rouge, got injured, and...and..." he turned back around and faced her with his hair levitating and his red eyes glaring dangerously at her. He yelled as if he had Hizashi's quirk. "YOU COULD'VE DIED AKEMI!"

Akemi gasped and then cowered in fear of him as he stormed over with a truly angry glare on his snarling face as the corner of his lips twitched in frustration over her. "Your a no good little..." He abruptly took her chin within his hand and pulled her forward into a rough passionate kiss. He wrapped his left arm around her neck and held the back of her head while his right hand lovingly caressed her chin before resting firmly upon her jawbone. He held her up in his arms and kissed her lips roughly with a groan of love before pulling away and resting his forehead against her non-bandaged shoulder and spoke through his tears.