Chapter 10: The Phone Call

Akemi was feeling at least 80% than she was a few hours ago it wasn't 100% yet so she figured to take the rest of the day to relax. The only problem was the Shota wasn't answering any of her texts. Then her phone had died on her and she had left her charger at the school inside of her desk and Shota's was also at the school.

She walked out of the bedroom towards the couch and just as she reached for the remote to turn on the tv the landline rang. She picked up the phone and was surprised to see the caller ID was her parents number. She answered the phone with a cheery tone.

"Hey mom what's up?"

Her mothers crying voice startled her. "Akemi oh thank god you picked up Mic's been trying to call your cell but you never answered so he called me and your father!"

Akemi stood up. "Whoa whoa mom calm down breathe...my phone died earlier I've been sick for the past two days with a stomach virus. Now what's going on?"

She could hear her mother crying and she was shaking with fear. "Is it dad?"

"No it's...it's..." she heard the phone get handed to someone and that someone was her father.

"Sweetheart its Shota there's been a villain attack at the U.S.J."

Akemi's blood red eyes widened in horror as her grip tightened around the phone. Her voice was a faint whisper as tears fell down her face. "What...what happened...are the students...are he and the students okay?"

"The only student injuries were self inflicted by a young boy from his own quirk..."Akemi instantly knew he was referring to Midoriya. "Thirteen has lacerations along the back and Shota..."

"Yes what about Shota?!"

"He's...He's in pretty rough shape Sweetheart. He took the brunt of the injuries to protect the students. The villains apparently had a bioengineered monster with them and it beat Shota around like a rag doll. You need to come to the hospital sweetie your mother and I are already here with Mic."

Akemi was sobbing as her violently shaking hand clutched onto the phone with all of her strength. "I'll—I'll be right there."

Her mothers voice returned to the speaker. "Sweetheart he's going to be fine, he's strong."

Akemi wiped her eyes and cried into the phone. "I know—I know he is..."

"I can have your father come get you dearie."

"No...No I'm going to get there soon don't worry. I just need to come to terms with this for a minute or two okay..."

"Alright Sweetheart we'll be here waiting."

Akemi hung up the phone and dropped it as she started hyperventilating through her tears, her knees buckled and she cried bitterly into her hands. Tsukiko padded over towards her and meowed arching her body against her owner and purring.

Akemi took her beloved cat and hugged her close. "Your daddy's injured fighting to protect our students. I have go see him will you be a good guardian of this house while I'm gone Tsukiko?"

She got a meow in response and Akemi buried her head into Tsukiko's silky fur as she cried.
———————————————————————
Later... Akemi was running down the halls of a hospital searching for either her parents or Hizashi. The reporters were quick at getting this story out and she watched the news about the attack on a woman's phone while on the train on her way to the hospital. Who she found first was Hizashi and her fears over Shota's injuries and her anger towards All Might kicked in if All Might had just let those hero's do there jobs instead of jumping into the fights then Shota wouldn't have been hurt!