Chapter 21: "I'll be a hero..."

"WHILE WE WAIT FOR TETSUTETSU AND KIRISHIMA TO RECOVER LETS MOVE ON TO THE NEXT MATCH!"

Akemi was grinning as she placed her hands together and rested her chin upon her hands. "Bakugo versus Uraraka..."

"I can't help you if you don't give it your all Ochaco but I know you've got this."
———————————————————————
A few days before the sports festival...

Akemi was standing on the balcony of her apartment while Shota was napping on the couch. "Heya Gunhead how ya been?"

"Akemi all is well here! Howya been heard about U.S.J sorry I never called how's the Walking Mummy?"

Akemi laughed at her old childhood friends description of her husband. "He's doing fine...wishes his bandages were off."

"Anyway Akemi I know you called for a reason."

"Yeah I did I have a student Ochako Uraraka shes a great student but I can tell she wants to get stronger in combat training."

"Well your one on the best teachers why are you calling me Akemi?

"I'm calling because I think she'd benefit more under your internship..."

"Isn't this bending the rules Akemi?"

"I know but she has spirit Gunhead a nobler desire to be a hero and I'm pretty sure that its closer to her family. I can tell by the way she holds herself towards others and in her training she's trying harder than most."

"Alright I'll look into the kid for a possible internship Akemi but she has to give it her all in the Festival."

"I know she will Gunhead thank you."
———————————————————————
Now Akemi could only watch as Ochaco took to the arena. "It's all on you Ochako I know you'll do fantastic. You don't have to win you just have to give it your all."

"THE EIGHTH AND FINAL BATTLE OF THE FIRST ROUND. HE WAS KINDOF A HOTSHOT IN JUNIOR HIGH KATSUKI BAKUGO FROM THE HERO COURSE VERSUS (WHO IM PERSONALLY ROOTING FOR) OCHACO URARAKA!!!!!!"

Akemi watched like a tiger that was assessing her prey before pouncing. Her keen eyes were narrowed slightly in thought as she wondered what young Uraraka was going to do?

Ochaco new her quirk well but Bakugo was tough in overwhelming tenacity and strength. She had to be smart and use her surroundings and her opponents drive to win to her advantage if she wanted to win.

"LET THE EIGHTH MATCH BEGIN!!!!!"

Ochaco charged forward her body was low to the ground her hands out at her sides. Akemi's highly tuned ears heard Ochaco's voice as she charged. "Giving up isn't an option."

"And now you die." Bakugo blasted her with a big right hook.

Ochaco scolded herself as she stood up a few feet away. "Stupid I saw it coming and I still couldn't get out of the way." Smoke enveloped her so Akemi couldn't see her as Bakugo was standing waiting for her in order to attack again. He grunted and spoke.

"You should've dropped out of the match."

Akemi saw the figure in the smoke coming towards Bakugo but something was amiss. Akemi smirked she was right in her assumption of Ochaco's likely strategy. Clever girl using her jacket as a decoy.

"WHOAAAAAA SHE FLUNG HER JACKET OVERHEAD AS A DECOY!!!!"

Akemi cursed dammit Mic you cost her the element of surprise! She gasped as Bakugo sent Ochaco flying with an explosion but Ochaco wasn't giving up and charged again getting beaten around repeatedly as the debris from the ring starting floating up into the air and Akemi grinned. *So this was her plan all along.*