Chapter 96: Trust takes time as does love

This made me cry just writing it so get the tissues ready!
—————————————————————

The next day Akemi was staring forlornly out of the window at the somber looking sky as the rain clouds threatened to overcame her once happy heart with a flood of tears.

Shota had left to the dormitory an hour ago and yet the aftermath of that conversation she had with him shorty before he left was still hitting her like a battering ram.
———————————————————————
Akemi was staring at her husband who was actively avoiding her gaze as he stared down at his hands. "Regardless of what happened between us last night after you woke up Akemi I need you to understand and realize something. I'm not sure I can forgive you for what you did. Not yet..."

Akemi gulped down the nerves she expected him to say that. "Shota I...I don't know what to say to you to make that pain go away other than I'm sorry Shota I'm so..."

Shota closed his eyes tightly and spoke with a stern tone of emotional pain. "I don't wanna hear your apology Akemi! I don't think that you can ever fully comprehend as to just how mad I am with you right now, because yes I'm still extremely mad at you over that!"

He sighed into a shaking breath and spoke.

"I know why you did it and yet despite everything I tried to tell you about how dangerous they were you still did it anyway! Without even considering how much your actions would affect those closest to you Akemi! I can't even look you in the eyes without going back to that horrifying moment when I thought that was going to be the last I'd ever see you alive and that hurts! I don't want to feel like I can't trust you Akemi. Your my Wife and I..." his hand closed around the ring hanging around his neck. "I love you so much that even saying that I don't trust you kills me because I value that bond of trust more than anything. If I can't even trust my own wife then...then..."

He turned away from her and removed his hand. "Then how can I ever come to accept that illogical belief that you won't betray my trust again. I don't want your apologies Akemi. What's done is done there's no changing it and life's not going to go back to the way it was before! Just like our students your going to have to regain my trust by your actions and not solely by words alone Akemi. Something like this can't be forgiven and forgotten in one night. I had hoped you would've realized that, but clearly I was wrong."

He spoke hastily because he didn't what to hurt her for sounding so harsh. "I'm sorry but I just can't forgive you! It's too much for me to deal with right now...and it's clear to see that we both need some time apart to reflect on all of this."

He sighed heavily. "I just hope by the time you come to understand the reasons as to why I can't forgive you; that it will also be the time that I can finally learn to accept your trust again without feeling as though you'll just betray me..."

He briefly looked at her and saw her distraught face staring at him with tears falling down her face and he clenched his teeth in his pain. He couldn't even look at her without seeing that moment before she jabbed him in the back with her stingray barb. The same tears fueled by a feeling of hopelessness over the safety of their baby girl...the horror of watching her leave him to fight his battles. It was just to much for him to handle.

"I don't want to hurt you Akemi but right now...I..." He closed his eyes tightly and shed a tear that hit the floor as he abruptly stood up from the medical bed without even acknowledging her. "I Just Can't Look At You Right Now...and that hurts me more than any wound ever could."

Akemi watched in shock as he swiftly walked away from her towards the door. She tried to stop him. "Sho...Shota No Wait Please, Don't Go I...!" He closed the door with a loud bang as the tears rolled down his face.