Chapter 82: A moment with Eri

Shota walked into the hospital and sighed softly as he was being scrutinized over his disheveled appearance by a few waiting patients in the lobby-room.

He signed in and spoke towards the nurse. "I'm Aizawa...Eraserhead. I'm here to visit Eri."

"Yes of course I'll inform the hospitals manager you're here."

He sighed softly and stuffed his hands into his pockets before being approached by a four-year-old boy with a Lion based quirk. The child innocently asked him. "Heya Mister, are you a hobo?"

The boys mother instantly apologized. "I'm so sorry sir!" The boys father spoke up from his seat. "Youta you don't ask someone that, it's very rude!"

Shota took note of the father's lion quirk as the man sat a few seats away. He had black hair shaped like a lions mane with a beard and a moca brown skinned complexion and the tail, eyes, pointed nails, and teeth of a lion. The mother was of normal appearance with cream colored skin and auburn hair tied back into a ponytail.

He spoke with a casual smile towards the woman. "No it's quite alright I tend to get asked that a lot."

He smirked softly and spoke as he kneeled down to face the young boy. "I'm not a hobo Youta. I'm just a very tried new father of an adorable little girl. I also have a cat that likes waking my wife and I up at 3:00am. Adding to all that I also teach an aspiring hero class of about 20 rowdy teenagers at U.A. High School. So yes I tend to look like a hobo."

He smirked and chuckled as he saw the boy's eyes shining brightly. "You teach at U.A. that's so cool!!!!"

He stood up and nodded towards the boy's mother who smiled softly as she spoke. "He loves anything regarding pro hero's, both Underground hero's and Popular hero's as well."

Shota smirked at that. "Well I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for him when he's older...that is if he wants to become a pro."

Youta's eyes shined. "REALLY!!!! Mommy I'm gonna be a hero just like Tiger and the Pussycats!!!"

Youta's mother smiled softly. "Yes I'm sure you will sweetie."

Shota smirked and then noticed the boy was an amputee, he was missing his right leg just below the knee. His mother noticed his gaze was on her happily grinning son who was running towards his daddy.

"Thank you...he's going into surgery today to fix a minor complication in his knee joint, so he was a little scared about that but I know he'll be fine now."

"How...?"

The woman's eyes dimmed as she whispered. "Kamino Ward..."

Shota's eyes widened in horror. Youta's mother was frowning softly. "He was with his father. They were heading home from there monthly tradition of (guys night)." She smirked softly at that only to slowly frown as she spoke. "They were both close enough to the battle to have been in imminent danger had the pros not stepped in to help All Might. My husband only had a few broken ribs and a broken wrist from the rubble but Youta he...he was pulled out from the rubble with his leg completely shattered."

Shota frowned in empathy over the woman's grieving tone as she struggled to not cry. "We...We had to amputate not even Recovery Girl could mend a bone that shattered. As bad as that sounds it's worse. He might not view it as that but as his mother I do. He saw the fight between All Might and that Villain. He...he saw me...I...I was that woman who was pleading for All Might to fight on."

Shota's eyes widened as he stared at her. The woman was staring at the floor as she spoke. "Youta's always admired the pro hero's he wants to be one someday...but with him being an amputee I...I wasn't sure if he..."