| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 ➪ 𝐑𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 |

Prompt:
(Y/N) doesn't like the way Mon Mothma is abusing his forces.

Requested by JoeyKirkpatrickJr

Part 2! The Veteran

He/Him

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

Many moons had passed since your first and last encounter with the notorious Kylo Ren; ending the First Order's rough grip on the galaxy. Raxus Prime had become only a memory to you; an unpleasant journey back to something you wish not to speak of.

                 Your droids had taken most of the hits during the remaining battles for the Rebellion, and you weren't happy about it. Mon Mothma and her dogs weren't sending out people because you provided the perfect means to avoid deaths, but you didn't like that at all. Your droids had meaning, to you at least,

"Rey, sweetie," you started, turning to your girlfriend, "Have you talked to Mothma about allowing my droids a rest? They're old, and for the longest time, they were my only friends. I don't like seeing them get destroyed for something we don't entirely believe in."

The woman smiled and shook her head, "I've tried, hon. The council doesn't believe that's something worth debating. In their eyes, your droids are saving hundreds of lives at the end of this war, and that's not something they're willing to give up, unfortunately."

"Our Rebellion is based on volunteers," you snapped, getting angry at hearing the same stupid story over and over again, "Let the volunteers work. My droids have been in it for years— longer than our lives."

"Your life too?" Rey questioned, dropping a holomap she was coding, "You're not much older than me, are you? You've never told me how you became a high ranking officer of the Separatists despite being so young."

You shook your head and smirked, "I was a bounty hunter at first. Best in the galaxy. I often worked amongst the scariest faces this galaxy has ever seen. Dooku was impressed and asked me to lead a battalion to do work invasions. How could I resist? The money was great, and I loved telling people what to do... well, droids. But during invasions, the people were scared and folded to my commands. That was intoxicating. But... I recognize I was wrong."

You missed your old life. Being feared. Fearing your superiors. Dooku was right— whether it was the Republic, or Rebellion, all they did was fear their own loses. They didn't care about anyone else. It didn't matter what the cost was to anyone involved. Your droids were just 'get out of jail free' cards to their men, and that enraged you,

                       "I'm happy you discovered your mistake and fixed it," Rey commented while picking back up the map, "So, you must've been quite the powerful man to be feared by so many. I can sense you miss it."

                       "I told you not to use your Jedi voodoo on me, sweetheart," you whispered, turning away from her, "So what if I miss it? All I've ever known is fear; whether fearing or being feared. I've had women upon women, but you're the first woman to love me beyond my achievements. It's weird, but enjoyable. And not to mention I'm not respected a lick here because of my past. They can use my droids but not let me have a say in it? Poodoo..."

The woman sighed and wrapped her arm around your shoulder; kissing your forehead, "I may have talked Mon Mothma into allowing you to come on the next mission and let your droids have a break. It should be our last mission to take out the remaining Stormtroopers."