A Surprise

Shuuichi's POV

Kokichi finally was released from the hospital today after being in their for almost a 3 months well albeit in crutches and he's still got bandages covering one of his eyes, but at least he won't be blind, and I threw him sort of a welcome home party. I invited all of our friends and family over.

" I have a little surprise for you."

" Ooh! I love surprises! What is it?"

" Close your eyes."

" Well I can only close one."

He closed his eye and I went into the bathroom and picked up the golden retriever puppy I got him. I held her close to his face and she started licking him.

" Shuuichi... You horny boy... Is now really the time you should be licking me...?"

" I'm not licking you."

" Is this Sushi?"

" No."

" The hell? Then who's licking me-?"

He then opened his eyes and realized.

" A puppy!!"

" What do you wanna name her?"

" Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Toast!!"

" Toast?"

" Yeah Toast, her fur kinda reminds of Toast."

" Now where is Sushi?"

Kokichi whistled and Sushi came running down the stairs, he put down Toast and the two of them started running around in circles.

" Awwwwww! Look! They like each other! Now Sushi has a sister!"

" Thanks Shuuichi!"

" Shu-Shu... Will you let me have at least one glass of wine...?"

" *Sigh* Only one glass."

I've been trying to keep Kokichi away from alcohol. Even though I don't think he's listening to me, I know he's hiding those mini bottles of vodka, I've smelled it on him. When he gets drunk he stumbles a lot and I usually have to carry him, it'll be a lot worse since he has to use crutches for awhile. And he's also still recovering from his wounds so I don't want him to end up hurting himself anymore. I poured both of us both glasses of wine and sat down on the couch next to him.

" Kokichi, I want to talk to you about something."

" What is it?"

" I want you to quit smoking."

" Huh? I don't know what you're talking about."

" Yeah, you do."

I pulled the cigarettes from out my pocket.

" I found these under our bed."

" Then maybe they're yours."

" You know I don't smoke, so they have to be yours."

" *Sigh* Fine I'll stop."

" How long have you been smoking for?"

" On and off ever since I was 13."

" Are you addicted?"

" I don't think so. I only do it whenever I get really really really stressed, I picked it back up when I was in the hospital. But if you want me to stop I can try."

" Thank you."

" One other thing."

" Why didn't you tell me Kuzuryuu was your ex...?"

" Cuz it didn't matter. It still doesn't really matter. It wasn't anything serious. We dated for like a few months. I don't really remember how we got together but we were. I broke it off with him, wasn't really into commitment back then. But I kept fucking  him cuz I was grateful to him."

" Grateful?"

" Out of all my male ex's he's the only one that didn't beat the shit outta me or degrade me... Well you haven't either, but you're not an ex. So I guess I owed him for that."

" Were all your past relationships abusive?"

" Pretty much. My dad was an abusive asshole so I guess I just gravitated towards men that were also complete assholes. I was actually surprised when we were 3 months into dating and you hadn't hit me."

" I would never hit you! I don't even like when we get into arguments."

" Yeah, I know, you're not the abusive type. But if you ever did hit me I'd divorce your ass so fast it'll give you whiplash!"

" I love you too much to ever consider the idea of hurting you. You've already been through enough In your life and I wouldn't wanna add more to it, I just want to love you."

" You already shower me in a ton of love!"

" Shuuichi, tell me one thing you love about me."

" I love a lot things about you, I can't pick just one."

" Sure you can!"

" Let's see... I love and admire your confidence, and how unafraid you are to do risky things that could probably land us in prison."

" Awwwww, thank you!"

" What's something you love about me?"

" I love that you're always there to comfort me when I need you. I always have your shoulder to cry on when I go into my weekly crying fits or you'll listen to me spout bullshit and nonsense when I'm drunk. So thanks for being like, my therapist."

" You know I'll always be there for you whenever you need me."

" I'll always be there for you too."

He put his head on my shoulder and actually started crying.

" Did I say something wrong?"

" *Sniffle* No, I'm just so lucky to have a man like you. To me, you're honestly perfect."

" I think you're perfect for me too."

I wiped his tears away and kissed his forehead.

" Kokichi... I think we're ready to adopt a child..."

He immediately perked up.

" R-really!! You mean it!!"

" Yeah, I do. I feel like all we're missing from our family is a kid of our own."

" That makes me so happy!! I thought I was gonna have to convince you."

" Can we please adopt a daughter?! I wanna dress her up in pretty little dresses!!"

" I want a daughter too, so why not."

" I'll start looking into adoption agencies!"

" I already started."

" Oh? So you've been thinking about this for a while?"

" A couple of months."

He gave me a hug.

" Shuuichi you are the best, I really can't wait to start this family with you."

" I know, I can't wait either."