Kokichi's Awful Nightmares

Shuuichi's POV

" Night sweetheart!"

" Night."

Like every night when we went to sleep Kokichi laid on my chest and I wrapped my arms around him. It took a few minutes for me to finally fall asleep, Kokichi on the other hand would fall asleep immediately he was usually like that after we had sex.

"Zzzzzzzz..."

We hadn't even been asleep for 20 minutes and I could hear him slightly whining and mumbling in his sleep, he kept moving his head into different positions, that was keeping me awake.

" N-no...no...Zzzzzzz..."

He seemed like he was in a trance almost mumbling and moving around. I'm getting concerned about him, maybe I should wake him.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!"

" K-Kokichi?! What's wrong?!"

Kokichi woke up screaming. He was sweating and breathing hard, it looked like he had seen a ghost, his skin was so much paler then usual. He was panicking pretty hard and there were tears in his eyes and he was shaking pretty bad.

"S-Sh-Sh-Sh-S-Shu...Shuuichi..."

" I'm right here..."

I sat up and pulled him closer to me and wrapped my arms around him, I slowly rocked him back and forth, to calm him down I ran my hand through his hair and repeatedly kissed him on the cheek. He wouldn't stop hyperventilating.

" D-d-d-don't...L-l-leave me..."

" Calm down...It's ok... I'm here, I'll protect you... So just calm down..."

As I whispered things in his ear to calm him down as I continued to rock him back and forth his breathing went back to normal.

"S-S-Shuuichi..."

" I'm right here baby... I'm not going anywhere."

" S-sorry for waking you..."

" It's fine, you're way more important then sleep."

"Are you ok...?"

" N-no... I had a nightmare...In fact I've been having them for awhile..."

" I kinda figured that out awhile ago..."

I first started suspecting he was having nightmares when he started tossing and turning more in his sleep and sometimes whenever he would cuddle up next to me and he would be drenched in sweat. This is the first time he ever woke up genuinely terrified.

" Do you wanna talk about it...?"

" I guess... I've had this repeating nightmare where I'm being crushed to death! I vaguely remember something about poison and a crossbow... And that's all I really remember before I wake up in a cold sweat."

"That's...Odd..."

" Maybe in a past life that's how I died?"

" Could be."

" I doubt it, there's no way I'd ever die in that lame ass way I'd go out more glamorous!"

Still shaking slightly he got out of bed.

" I-I'm gonna go make a martini. You want one?"

" I'll be fine, it's close to 3 in the morning why *now* are you making a drink?"

" Some alcohol will calm my nerves. And if it helps I'll only make one, just so you don't think I'm becoming an alcoholic."

"Alright."

He walked down the stairs and I fell back onto the pillow. My eyes started getting heavier and soon I fell asleep.