A Flashback To His Past

11 Years Ago

Kokichi's POV

" Eh... Ehhhhhh...Too high... Can't reach..."

Why do I have to be so short? I was hungry and wanted a cookie but it was too high for me to reach. Mommy and daddy left me alone again, well they never came home last night.

" Wait! I got it! I got-"

*Crash*

" I don't got it..."

The jar fell to the floor and broke into a buncha glass pieces. Oh no... They're gonna be so mad... Daddy's gonna hit me with his belt again...

" Ah! Ouchie ouchie ouchie ouchie!!"

I stepped on a big piece of glass and it really really hurt. I sat on the clear part of the floor to look at my foot. There was a lot of blood coming from it. I have to worry about that later I need to clean this up before they-

" Uh oh... They're home..."

As fast as I could I ran upstairs and hid under my bed, I also hid there whenever they come home, cuz daddy comes home mad and takes it out on me. I heard the front door open and then yelling.

" Where's that little fucker?!?!"

I could hear the loud sound of foots stomping up the stairs and then my door was kicked in.

" There you are!!"

I couldn't see him but he saw me cuz then next second I felt him grabbing my ankles then he pulled me out from under the bed. He tightly grabbed my arm and pulled me down the stairs I started to sob loudly.

" *Sob* D-daddy! I'm sorry! *Sob* Please don't hurt me!!"

" Kokichi... Did you break this?"

" Uhhhh... *Sob* * Sob* Uhhhhh... *Sniffle*"

Daddy took his cigarette out his mouth and put it out on my arm, I wanna say it hurts badly but I'm use to by now.

" Ow!"

" Answer her damn question!"

" Y-y-y-yes... I was gonna clean it up *Sob* * Sob* B-but then I *Sob* stepped on a piece glass * Sob* and it really hurts..."

" Let me se-"

Mommy started to walk over to me before daddy grabbed her neck.

"Ah!"

" Bitch make yourself useful and make somethin to eat I'm hungry."

" Y-yes..."

Then she hurried away. Daddy grabbed me by my hair and dragged me up the stairs.

" Ow! Y-you're hurting me!"

Once we were at the top and without a word he kicked me down the stairs. It really hurt. Every bone in my body felt broken, I was in so much pain. He walked back down and put his foot on my stomach.

" Maybe that'll teach you to stop breakin shit in my house."

" Woman if you even bother to help him I swear I'll put you six feet under."

" I'm goin out to buy more cigarettes. My food better be ready when I'm back. Or else you're gettin' beat worse then him."

Then he just left, slamming the door behind him. I laid curled up at the bottom of the stairs I'm pain and crying. And she just looked me, she didn't even look slightly sad or even concerned. I'm supposed to be their son! So why?! Why don't they love?! Why do they hate me?! What did I do?! I'm tired of being treated like this! One day... They'll be sorry they ever treated me like this...

End Of Flashback

" Hey Kokichi... Are you ok?"

"No... Not really..."

" I just had a memory of what my life was like before I ran away..."

" Do you want to talk about it?"

" What's there to talk about? I had a shitty childhood that's all. I've told you this already:"

" I know but you've never really gone into detail about it. B-but if you don't want to then-"

" No baby it's fine, I should tell you... *Sigh* I was abused, severely neglected, starved from the time I was 5 until I ran away they left me alone and most of the time they used me like an ashtray and put there cigarettes out on me, hell there were even times where they tried to kill me, my dad once pushed me down the stairs just cuz I broke a damn jar. I had to learn how fend for myself at a young age."

" That's why you insist on being independent?"

" Yup, everything I know I taught myself. Like cooking, that bitch who birthed me never taught me a damn thing, well except how to be whore. The nights she bothered to come home she'd have a couple men with her and my dad was just fine with it! Hell he probably even joined. By the time I entered high school I became the school slut, giving head in the bathroom and sometimes empty classrooms, then I dropped out and started my career as a prostitute and well you know the rest..."

" I got major daddy issues."

" I know I've said this before but I hate that you went through all of that. I'm so sorry Kokichi. I wouldn't even wish that kind of life on my worst enemy."

" Don't be. If I graduated high school I never would've became a stripper and you wouldn't have met me."

" That is a good point."

He wrapped his arm around me and kissed me on the cheek.

" Come on, get up."

" Get up? Why?"

" Because we're going out, you look sad and I hate seeing you like that."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me up off the couch.

" But it's raining and I have work in like an hour."

" What afraid of a little rain?"

" Yes! I'm a salty person I'm gonna melt!"

" Once we're done I'll just drop you off. Or maybe I'll stay just to watch you..."

" I want you to stay..."

" Well let's go we're wasting time."

" But where are we going?"

" You'll see."

Ignoring my questions Shuuichi pulled me out the door leading me to who knows where. But at least I know for a fact he loves me.