Maki's Pregnancy

( Wanted to dedicate a chapter to my precious babygirl Maki❤️)

Maki's POV

"Hi Maki!"

" Hi Kaede."

" Did Shuuichi tell you that he proposed to Ouma?"

" Yeah he told me."

" What's wrong? You don't sound too thrilled, I thought you would've considering he's your best friend and all."

" I am happy for him, really I am."

" It's just... When will Kaito propose to me...?"

" Don't worry about it! He loves you, so I'm sure he'll propose soon."

" Do you know how long we've been together? 9 years. We've been dating for almost a decade. Our anniversary was last week."

" Wow... It's really been that long? It feels like just yesterday Kaito was trying his hardest to impress you."

" I don't think anyone forgot the 10 consecutive air hockey games he lost that one time."

" We actually got matching tattoos."

" You did? How cute! What did you get?"

" I got his name with stars and other space things around it. And he got my name with roses and bullets around it."

"Awwww... That's so cute. I love that."

" Actually you know what, never mind. I shouldn't be making this about me."

" No no, this is good. Let's talk about your feelings!"

" My feelings? Gross..."

" Now, after 9 years you're expecting a proposal."

" That's what I said."

" Well have you told him how you feel?"

" Yeah and every time it's always: "Don't worry babe, I got you I promise we'll get married. I just wanna find a ring that's as beautiful as you are." He says that every time. Maybe I'm just destined to be his girlfriend forever."

" Don't think like that! I bet he'll propose sooner then you think."

" Yeah... Sure."

" Kaede I'm going to tell you something and you have to promise that this will stay between us..."

" *Gasp* You killed someone?"

" I'm an assassin, I kill at least 10 people a day. But that's not the point."

" Oh right. Sometimes that slips my mind."

" Just promise me."

" Ok ok I promise."

" This morning I threw up... And my period never came last month. I took a pregnancy test... And I'm pregnant, I'm probably 4 or 5 weeks along."

" *Gasp* You are?! I'm so happy for you Maki! Ooh can I be the godmother?! Or the aunt?!"

" We'll see."

" I can't wait to throw your baby shower!"

" Does Kaito kn-"

" No and you're not going to tell him either. I'll tell him eventually... Just not right now I'm not ready... I'm... Scared..."

" I'm sure he'll be so happy when you tell him."

" Not about that... I'm not prepared for this Kaede, being a mother wasn't in my plans right now. I mean we do want kids, but... I just wanted us to get married first. What if I'm not a good mom, I mean I was raised in an orphanage so I have no idea what a good mom is."