Kokichi's In The Hospital

Shuuichi's POV

I dropped everything when I got the call from Miu that Kokichi was in the hospital. I rushed over there as fast as I could, she didn't tell me what happened all she said is he's really messed up. When I got to the room he was in there was a doctor standing outside it.

" Are you the husband?"

" Yes. I-Is he alright? C-can I see him?"

" Yes, but there is a concern about him..."

" W-what is it?"

" It's his left eye. It's extremely swollen, there's a very strong possibility he'll become permanently blind in that eye."

" B-blind...? What the hell happened to him?!"

" We're not sure, he's been unconscious ever since he got here. By his injures it looks like he was beaten quite severely."

" Is there anything else?"

" His arm is broken as well as his left leg and he has a concussion, we're not sure how serious yet."

" Well can I be with him?"

" Of course."

When I walked into the room I instantly broke out into tears when I saw him lying there unconscious. His face was so bruised and beaten that it was almost hard to recognize him, it even looked like there was clumps of his hair missing, there was also bandages covering the entire left side of his face. I went over to him and kissed the same hand that had his wedding ring on it.

" I love you Kokichi... I love you more then anything... I just want you to be alright... Please... Please just be alright... I don't know what I'd do without my other half..."

I just stood there gripping his hand.

8 Weeks Go By

" Shuuichi... You should go home for a little bit..."

" Can't... I need to be here when he wakes up. Unless you're saying he'll never wake up..."

Kokichi has been in a coma for about 8 weeks and I've spent every day and night by his side holding his hand and talking to him. He is the only important thing in my life.

" You know that isn't what I'm saying. I love Kokichi just as much as you do and I do seriously believe he'll wake up. I'm just saying you can't keep doing this to yourself, go check on Sushi. I'll stay with him."

" A-alright... But call me if anything changes with him. It could be the littlest thing like he muttered something or squeezed your hand."

" Promise."

I gave him a kiss on the forehead before slowly walking out the room. I don't know who did this to him, but when I find out...

Another week goes by

It's almost been 10 weeks since Kokichi has been like this. I was holding his hand and talking to him like I usually did when he started slowly moving and quietly groaning, he hadn't done that before.

"......Uh.......Agh......"

" Kokichi! C-can you hear me?!"

I watched as his eye slowly cracked open. He squinted before he adjusted to the light.

" Y-you're ok!!"

When I went to hug him he flinched away from me.

" D-dan't touch me..."

" K-Kokichi...?"

" W-where am I...?"

What happened... Did he loose his memory...?"