Seeing Him Again

I can't believe I'm back here, I thought to myself. Why why why WHY did I basically let Maki talk me into coming back here just to him on a date? What's the chance of him even working tonight? What if he rejects me? What if he thinks of me as just a customer nothing more? Trying my best to push those thoughts aside I walk back into the club.

When I did I smelled the familiar smell of alcohol, and the first face I saw was his.

"Well well well... You're actually back...Did you miss me that much...?"

" Ah! It's you."

" Yes baby, it's me...."

He giggled and wrapped his arms around my waist tightly making me blush slightly.

" I actually kinda missed you...So I'm glad you came back to see me."

" Come...let me get you a drink...You seem a little tense."

" But don't you have-"

" The pole can wait... I'd much rather spend time talking to you."

Without giving me time to even answer he grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs towards the bar and we sat on the chairs.

" I'll have a sex on the beach... And for him... I'm gonna say a margarita..."

"You ok with that?"

" Y-yeah that's fine."

I'm not a big alcohol drinker, I mean I just turned 20 3 days ago, so I guess I'll try anything once. The bartender then returned with both our drinks. I hesitated slightly before taking a sip of it, it was quite strong and it burned a little going down.

"I wanna know more about you, soooooo how long have you been a detective?"

  "Since high school."

"Really! Wow You're so impressive."

"I-I'm really not, I know a girl who started her work as a detective in her early childhood."

"But I bet she's not as cute as you..."

Whenever he says stuff like that I can't help but get a little embarrassed.

"W-what about you... how long have you been a exotic dancer?"

"Awwwwwww, that's cute you used the technical name, you can say stripper, it's fine. But I've been doin' this for a couple of years."

" A couple? But didn't you say that you were also 20? You've been doing this since you were 18?"

" More like 17, no one ever asked my age and to be honest no really cares. As long as I look young, I fill that whole barely legal niche ."

"What about high school?"

"Dropped out my second year."

"But why?"

" It was either continuing to go to school and give myself a better chance of getting a god job, orrrrrrrrrrrr drop out and become a stripper. So I became a stripper."

" What made you become a stripper?"

"Well before this... *sigh* I was prostitute... And I couldn't keep doing that for the rest of my life so a better alternative was shaking my ass for cash. That's my life story. Your turn! Why'd you become a detective? Is it like a family business sorta thing orrrrrrr..."

"No... not really. My uncle owns a detective agency and I just so happen to work for him."

"You are so interesting!"