Snow

(I suck at TWs so here is one. Suicide attempt. Boom...tw. bam. This is just kinda a sweet scenario. Hawks being a sweetheart. I'm practicing writing scene so it's short. Onto the story)

The snow fell so delicately. It was beautiful. Although the sun had disappeared from sight the lights of the city shined brighter than the moon. They say you can never be far from the noise of the city but I beg to differ once you reach 50 stories.

The lights of the city almost look pretty from so high up. From here I can't tell how crowded the streets are, it makes me wonder if there are even people at the bottom. In the back of my mind I hope I don't hit anyone on the way down. I also want the snow to be fresh. My death will be bloody and gorey but it may look more beautiful seeing the red against the undisturbed snow.

Another cold breath enters my lungs coming out in a puff as I stand. The breeze nipped at my ears and nose. My sniffles were either from oncoming tears or the cold but at this point I can't tell.

"Being so close to the edge is dangerous you know?" A voice rang

I whipped around to meet it to see a hero standing a few feet away.

"Don't come close or I'll jump"

"Well for one, it looks like you are planning to jump either way. Two if I really wanted I have wings. I could scoop you out of the sky if I wanted"

It was easy to recognize the number 3 hero. He was well known cause of his rapid success, "You aren't gonna convince me otherwise"

"That's not my goal. I flew up here for the view only to find you here" he took casual steps next to me looking out at the lights of the city.

"So you're not here to stop me?"

"Nah. I mean, even if I stopped you today. Doesn't fix your problems. You'll try again tomorrow. Hell, I could catch you in the air and you still have the ability to slit your own throat. But I do have a question"

"Whats that?"

"Why off a building? You could hit someone. It's messy. Can't have a open casket especially at this hight"

"I want to feel weightless I guess. I want to feel as if I'm flying even for a short time"

"Thing is you die at the end. What if while you fall you change your mind?"

"It wouldn't matter. I'd be committing"

"I guess that's true. I have wings so I could change my mind at any time. Then again I don't think I have the choice to die"

"Everyone has a choice. Its one of the few we have"

"Hey, do you wanna try flying? I mean real flying"

"Why offer when I'm planning on just ending it anyway?"

"It's fun. And if you plan on dieing why not live it up before you do? Who knows, you might change your mind. Not everyone gets the chance either"

I stood in thought for a minute. He had a point. He is offering, "Fine. I would like to try flying then" I smile to myself

He smiled pulling me into a tight hug, "Hold on tight"

He leaned over the edge allowing us to free fall. The sound of the cold air rushing by was louder than I expected until I started to hear the noises of traffic. My heart was in my stomach and I felt the sudden fear of falling. Although only a few seconds had passed the ground was fast approaching. I couldn't stand to look burying my head in Hawks chest and holding onto his coat.

Within a second I felt a sudden jerk and a cool breeze as I switched from vertical to horizontal. I could feel the slow accent as I tried to calm down.

"Sorry, too much?" I could feel his chest vibrate as he chuckled.

"We could have died!"

"But we didn't. Now open your eyes and look chickadee. You don't wanna miss this" I felt us move in the air so he was on his back and I was on top of him.

I moved to look passed him seeing the lights but the sheer hight we were at was frightening making me tuck back to him.

"Don't be scared kid. I got you. If you want you can set your head up to my neck on my shoulder that way you can look without fear of falling"

I inched up setting my head on his shoulder so I could see the city below. The lights were beautiful. The snow fell onto my back but I still felt so warm. I relaxed and watched the city pass as we seemed to slowly glide farther up until a cloud blocked my view.

"Sit up kid, although looking down is easier there is a lot to see looking up"

"I don't think I could sit up. I'll fall" I argue

"No you won't. Even if you did I'd catch you" hands pulled my legs to the sides of him and I slowly sat up pressing my palms to his chest.

I slowly looked up seeing the stars. The light pollution so far away I felt like I could see the universe, "Breath taking"

"My thoughts exactly" he sounded.

My eyes met his honeyed gaze, "Why aren't you looking at the stars?"

"Cause I like them better reflected in your eyes. Got a problem with that?" His hands rested on my hips letting his thumbs rub at my sides.

"Is this where you usually bring women?"

"Just you. I figured you wanted to see something like this. Live life. Why were you standing on that edge in the first place?"

"Everyone has their reasons. Trauma, family, work, or whatever else. I honestly don't want to think about it. I would rather enjoy this moment"

"You know there is a lot to enjoy in life. Things you haven't experienced and even things you have yet to even know you can experience"

"That I have yet to know?" I raise a brow shaking my head

"Did you ever think you would be able to float above the clouds and see the stars sitting on a pro hero" he smirked

" Touché"

"Thought so. Life is crappy, but living. Living can be magical. Books and movies alone create whole worlds that you yourself could never even imagine before the creator made them. There are thousands made, being made, and even yet to be made. Living is amazing. Life is hard but you just have to appreciate the little things. Like chicken nuggets"

I nearly snort at the end. Such a profound statement followed by such a trivial experience, "That's easy for you to say. You have your life figured out. You are a pro hero. One of the top at that"

"I still have hardships. I've faced things you couldn't imagine kid. I've lived with life. Heros aren't as shiny as you think. You also have to figure we put our lives on the line every day to fight villians or natural disasters. All to keep people like you" he booped my nose, "safe"

"Well you convinced me ok? I won't die yet. You win" I roll my eyes

"Like I said before kid. I'm not trying to convince you either way, but I'm glad you decided to stay alive. I think you're awful damn cute to be trying to end it"

"Flirt"

"Can't help but speak my mind" he shrugged

He slowly made it back down to the building him setting me down safely.

"So kid, can i get a name and maybe a number? If you're single I mean"