Asylum part 2

(So this gets kinda dark in areas. I am using experiences from actual mental hospitals from friends personal experiences to interviews from people in my country and its kinda fucked up. Mental health needs to be treated better and taken seriously. Many are dehumanizing in facilities in my area and its not ok. Anyway enjoy the story. I took a lot of creative liberties so don't see this as an accurate portrail, also its the commission and they are assholes)

"Dont eat raw meat!" I huff while he laughed.

"Its not that bad" he shrugged, "Used to do this and worse as a kid" he flicked another small piece of raw beef into his mouth

(Eating raw beef isn't anything new in the terms of Japanese culture. What's more common is raw horse but let's not culture shock anyone too bad xD author Chan used to live on a farm and eating raw ingredients including raw beef and chicken were common as you stealing the shredded cheese)

"At least sear it first"

"Its fine" he rolled his eyes

It was fun cooking with him. He is so relaxed and casual. He seems happier without the cuffs on too.

At the end of my shift I start packing up.

"Leaving already?"

"Yeah, unfortunately this is the end of my shift" I grab my bag

"Do you have to go?" He had a bit of a pout

"Yes Keigo. I need to go home"

"Got family waiting for you?"

"No," he kept silent. After a moment I continued, "Just my cat but they get mad when I'm late back home. I'll be back monday though"

"Its already the weekend?" He furrowed his brows

"Yup. Anyway I'm headed out. See you monday" I leave really wanting to get home and pass out.

I don't mind spending time with keigo. It's fun and the job isn't that hard. Stressing at first since I feel like I'm walking on the edge of a knife but fun. He's chatty and seems really lonely.

Its on Sunday I get a call filled with panic and authority. I'm called into work for an emergency.

I hurry over and intercepted at the entrance

"He's crazy! I wouldn't eat today and when I sent someone in there to force him he fucking attacked them! He is unstable and should NOT have the clearance you've allowed him!" Goru yelled in my ear

I do my best to bite my tongue. You don't force feed a patient. Even if they did get him to eat he could easily puke it up out of spite. Something is wrong and should be handled delicately.

"Sir, ill handle it. Stay here while I go in"

"You also took down all the fucking cameras so we can't monitor him!"

"Sir," I speak sternly, "No cameras means He's less likely to lash out. Now let me do my job" I scan my badge and head into the cell area.

I take a deep breath and enter Keigos cell. He's out in the open pacing, shaking, and staring blankly.

"Keigo?" I keep my voice soft setting down my care bag

He immediately looked up at me and seemed to relax slightly. He is tense. His nails buried into his own arm gripping roughly. I wouldn't doubt that he's already starting to bleed a little bit.

"Are you ok? Can I approach you?"

"I-i don't know what to do, I'm don't know what to do with myself. Im. I'm fucking useless!" His voice raises after each sentence