Instincts (Reverse)

(Me: *researching bird mating patterns, constellations, and whatever for these stories*
Wow, more useless random information xD)

I flew towards the scene in a panic. She was part of my agency and if I didn't do something I know this is going to end badly.

I finally saw the battle come into site diving down before hitting the ground. I pinned the remaining villians with feathers I sent out looking for her.

Cementos approached me holding someone, "Ah Hawks. Thanks for the assist"

"No problem. Seen Hummingbird? She was accidently sent here by my agency" I look around trying to spot her little colorful wings

"Ah...well that's why I approached you" he kneeled down laying out the Hummingbird Hero, "I believe she got hit with the same quirk you feared"

"God...damnit" I sigh heavily, "Thanks anyway. Did she get knocked out?"

"No she just collapsed shortly after we watched you fly down"

"How is she?"

"She won't communicate. She is also Very aggressive. It took me by surprise when she suddenly fainted on your arrival"

"Well thanks. I had better get her out of here before the media shows up" I pick her up and take to the sky.

After a thorough scolding and a docs visit I made it to her hospital room to check up on her, "Hey Doc! Can you fill me in?"

"She was hit by a quirk that-"

"Yeah yeah, I read the file. I just need to know how this is going to affect her. Is she good to work when she wakes up or?"

"She's already woken up once"

"She's out cold again" I raise a brow

"Shes a Hummingbird. In her current state she can't regulate her body. In order to keep awake she needs lots of sugar. Not to mention she won't keep on the ground so she is expending massive amounts of energy"

"Is this...going to cause permanent damage?" My guilt rose up my throat.

I sent her out cause I was on a different mission without thinking of her animal quirk.

"It depends. If she tries to take a trip flying she could run out of energy too fast and potentially plummet to her death. If she continues this sleep cycle she could starve or fall comatose"

My heart sunk. God I'm a shit boss. I flinch as my agencies quirk manager came in.

Readers POV

I woke up feeling cold. Everything is cold. I look around seeing I'm on a couch. I slowly woke up shaking and shivering until I started warming up. My eyes locked on the sky. I flew up only for something to stop me. I huff tapping at it. I started running my hands along the invisible barrier getting more frusterated.

"Hey kid, Stop knocking on my windows" a voice spoke up.

I flicked around ready to fight whoever is in my new territory before seeing those large red wings.

"Come on, you need to eat up or you'll faint again" Hawks placed a package of my favorite cookie on the coffee table.

I swoop down starving. I started eating them. I need to eat them fast. A hand reached for one and I chomped at it. Hawks retracted his hand quickly flinching back.

"Note to self, you don't share" he spoke aloud.

I finished them off quickly trying to remember where I saw him. My brain suddenly snapped to right before I crashed watching him swoop down.