The wrong girl

(Trying to do a more sweet and innocent Hawks, but we all know how this will end ;) )

Readers POV

My throat burned delightfully as I took my shot. I was determined to have a good night tonight. I scan the bar when something catches my eye. Ruby wings? Don't tell me he's here.

I make my way to the man hoping to confirm my suspicions. Once I moved to see his face my jaw nearly dropped. This guy had the same marks and wings but was my age. Who was this guy?

He wore a hero outfit. This seemed insane. Did he have a son? I needed more information.

I lazily walked over tripping into the man.

"Whoa there kid, you ok?" He caught me.

"Sorry, few too many" I smile running my hands along the fur of his jacket

"Want me to call you a cab?"

"Only if we're going back to your place"

"Sorry kid but I don't think that's a good idea"

"Why not? You're such a pretty birdy" I tugged at his coat bringing him closer. Even his eyes are the same. The yellow I knew is more of a Honey in his eyes.

"Well I am on duty. A hero can't go off having fun when he is supposed to be helping citizens like yourself"

"A hero? No wonder the fancy clothes. Gotta say I like a man in uniform. Is that eyeliner?" I follow the fur up resting my arms on his shoulders

"I should actually get headed out" he removed my arms. His eye seemed to twitch for only a fraction of a second.

"Aw- you don't need to be embarrassed. You draw straight lines"

"Im not embarrassed chickadee. These are hereditary. I don't need to doll up for a night out" he smiled with a wink before heading out of the bar.

I got the information I wanted. He had to be his son. It's obvious.

Hawks POV

Patrol has been exhausting. I am ready to pass out but my mind has been going crazy over the past few nights. That strange woman at the bar really caught my attention. Something was off about that whole situation.

I finally unlocked my door and flicked on the light. I nearly jumped out of my skin. A woman was sitting in my arm chair.

"You lost? This isn't your house" I glare at her.

"Do you always work this late? It's not polite to keep a lady waiting"

"How did you get in here" I scan the room seeing no points of forced entry.

"That won't matter. We are moving locations anyway" she shrugged.

My confusion was only momentary as a cloth covered my nose and mouth. I grabbed the person's arm to try to pull it off but this guy was much stronger. How could someone manage to sneak up behind me!? I held my breath but the woman had already made her advance. Her fist collided with my stomach knocking the wind out of me. I gasped for air but only a few breaths later I was subdued.

I woke up with a start. The sound of rattling took my attention as I noticed a chain that followed up to a collar around my neck. I tug at it but it was stronger than expected. I tried to move a feather to assist but I couldn't get one to move. In frustration I tried to stretch my wings but I could feel the restraints on them.

I need to think carefully. I look at my surroundings. A bed room. Its not a cell at least. I hop up still in my hero uniform. I was searched and my pockets emptied. Anything of use was taken. I look out the window to understand my location. The city was below the Cliffside. If I can just unbind my wings I'd be home free, this was almost too easy.