Demon Part 3

(Kinda wanna make this a random book. It's just a little mini series I'm having fun with)

I sigh looking at the demon snuggled up to me face firmly planted in my cleavage.

Its crazy to me that I even got him. I never planned on having a travel companion but.. when I saw him I couldn't help it. I couldn't bring myself to kill him.

Demons usually target people when they come to this plane of existence. To find him just stealing chickens? It was honestly almost cute.

His wings splayed out beautifully. Is it wrong to touch an angels wings? I guess ex-angel. I never quite realised how lonely it is on the road.

I pet his hair to feel him stir starting to wake up, "Keigo. We need to get moving again" I lay back continuing the staring contest I had with the Dearg Due, "And you can back off, you're not getting him" I hold him a little tighter to me

He finally woke up and quizzically looked in the direction I stared suddenly panicking, "What the fuck!?"

"Calm down" I keep him close, "And you go away. He is mine. Body and blood"

"What is that?" Keigo whimpered

"Dearg Due, she is a woman raised from the dead who seeks the blood of young men. She's the reason you've been sleeping in my bed" I explain

Keigo looked shaken. With minor convincing I got the Dearg due to leave.

Soon enough I am back on the road Keigo following shortly behind.

"Where to next?" He shrugged hands behind his head

"Whatever town is in this direction"

"Seriously?" He gawked, "Are all humans this ill planned"

"Not all, just some"

"Don't you all live in homes?"

"Not all"

"And you?"

Not since mom and dad...I miss them, "no... not for a long while"

He hummed in acknowledgement, "Can I hear another story? The one about your father maybe?"

"My father?"

"Yeah, how the fuck does a kelpie have kids?"

I hum in thought, "I guess you can call it love"

"Well? What happened?" Keigo looked perplexed

"My father was much like the kelpie back there. He lerked at the well claiming it. Only his intentions weren't as nefarious. He simply fell head over heels for a village girl, my mother to be exact"

"How did they meet?"

"I don't know when my father saw my mother for the first time but I know they first technically met at the well. At first my mother was cautious. For good reason, but my father was persistent in his advances. One day winning her heart by eating a man who tried to attack her"

"Romantic?" Keigo mused

"I guess you could say that"

"So what does that make you?"

"Not sure"

"Not sure? Do you turn into a horse?"

"Nope"

"A seal"

"No but I have fae blood and can use fae magic"

We continued our idle chat chat until the town came into view. Reicliff. This is a slavers town. I scowl at the idea but try to shake it off.