Blindfolds and Wings 🍋

Mirko sat at the bar looking at the stage, "Come on Hawks, this place is great. The drinks are even cheap"

"Sure but that's cause of the pricy entrance fee. I'm not really into strip clubs. And what kinda place only has one stage and these tall ass ceilings. That pole itself is huge for no reason" I complain

"This place is special. The girls are cute and if you're charming enough you may even take one home" she winked.

The stage lit up as the DJ spoke up, "And now our Angel of Purity will take the stage"

The lights dimmed and focused on a woman with pure white hair step on stage. She had a little pair of fake angel wings on her back and her eyes were a very light Blue. She wore black undergarments but they weren't as exposed as most others and a sheer white shirt hung loosely on her frame.

A song slowly faded in. (I imagine How to Disappear Completely by Radiohead) her movements were smooth she started by moving her feet across the floors. It was as if she was blind feeling around her. Her movements were smooth yet entrancing. By the second stanza, she was on the pole. She seemed to glide through the air then all at once when the chorus hit the pole seemed to disappear I could only watch as it hit the ground running from her hands to backstage.

She fell to the ground with grace her back to the crowd. She turned towards us only to see metallic fabric holding her wrists. She moved towards the end of the stage but the fabric started pulling her back from backstage.

I stand only for Mirko to shove me back in my chair motioning for me to watch.

Once she was back in the middle stage the fabric had moved up and lifted her vertically into the air. Her wrists unwrapped as the silky fabric allowed her to seemingly dance in the sky. I could only gape in awe. She wrapped the fabric around herself only to plummet and be caught by her knotwork. She spins herself and the fabric straitened back into the metal pole as she slid down meeting the floor gently as the song came to its close. She walked off stage and as if a spell had broken everyone clapped.

"She's well known here, the Angel. But she doesn't go home with anyone, unfortunately. No one even knows who she really is" Mirko explained stirring her drink, "Told you this place was fun" she smiled.

Readers POV

I slip off the wig and pop out the irritating contacts. My muscles ached but it was worth it.

Johnny came over smiling, "Great job doll, one of our best nights" he handed me my check.

I snatch it quickly and count the cash, "got since extra?"

"Yeah, figure ya earned it" He chuckled

"Hope you know I'm not gonna go out on the floor still" I grumble

"You make money but it's nothing compared to those girls you know, I also know your mums in the hospital.  But that's none of my business" He turned to go monitor the floor

I sigh and get my casual clothes to head out.

I sigh stretching from the guest bed at the hospital before heading home. My day went as usual. Visit mom, go home and clean, get ready for work. I am stopped cleaning as my phone rings.

I answer seeing its just Johnny, "What's up"

"You got a proposal last night" he was straight to the point

"What makes you think I'll take it?" I inquire

"The pay is half a mill"

I felt my heart skip a beat "And...what do they want?"