For Charity

It was normal to have a Charity ball. What was new was the auction part.

"A date with the one and only Mirko! Do I have a 200?"

"500" a man shouts from the crowd

"Got a 500, 500 can I get a 600"

"600" another shouts

"600 for the dinner date, she's a top 10 hero everyone can I get a 700, 700? Going once for 600"

"800!" A final man shouted

"800 going once, going twice? Sold to the man in the black hoodie!"

I hated these events. I wasn't a hero and I usually didn't keep up with that kind of stuff. I owned a large mutations fashion company though. I was here only to make a donation to the clothes for kids charity. It was a group who donated clothing to mutant kids in need. I had 2,000 I wanted to donate but my assistant said if I did it through their auction then it will work better financially and for the company.

"This is the last ticket folks!" The auctioneer shouted excitedly.

I sigh into my drink. I had way too much. I was drinking too help deal with my social anxiety but I didn't think the drinks would be so strong.

People were shouting bids left and right. I had a headache already and just wanna leave.

"Hey auctioneer! 2,000, take it or leave it" I shout over my shoulder lazily"

"2...2,000. Once, twice, sold!"

I get up and stumble to the payment office ploping down the donation check, "You are one lucky woman" the check lady sighed handing me my receipt and my earnings form.

"What did I get?" I raise an eyebrow heading out.

I looked at the ticket but no matter how much I squinted my brain just couldn't process the words. I drank too much. I just need to go home. I called a cab.

Morning came too soon with a phone call.

"Hello?" I greeted lazily

"Have you seen the papers!?"

The alcohol came for revenge with my head pounding with each word "No? Why what's up? Did the stocks shoot up?"

"You made front page news with the auction last night!"

"Good, my donation was recognized"

"No, you are the talk of the town as being a thirsty woman"

"What!?" I bolt up, "How?? What did I do!?"

"You bid the full 2,000 on your date"

"You told me to!" I growl frusterated

"I told you to take part in bidding not use the whole thing in your bid. Especially on the most eligible male bachelor of Japan!"

"Quit yelling. I'm getting a headache. Who are you talking about?"

"Hawks, the guy you bid on"

"Never heard of him. What's the big deal? It's a dinner date. If it's that much of an issue I can redonate the ticket. I don't want to go on the date in the first place"

"You can NOT do that. You HAVE to go on that date or we will have every one of his fans on our ass"

"Fine. What's the issue then. I just need to go on the date"

"You just don't get it-"

"Nope. But I'm not gonna over complicate it. I'm gonna go on this date and then forget this ever happened"