Seasonal Rut part 3

"I need to go get lunch"

"Can't we order it to come to us?" Hawks refused to let go of my hand

"That costs more"

"I'll pay, just don't leave please? I'll miss you" he nuzzled my shoulder

"What are you going to do when I have work?"

"Come with?"

"No, you can't do that. I already told you no"

"Don't leave" he whined again.

I sigh heavily. Ever since we got back from his place he has been attached to my hip. He will not lay off. I keep telling myself I am going to finish my laundry but I don't want Hawks in my room.

He is so needy for attention just wanting to be held and constantly wanting to give affection.

"If I order it in then can you stop following me like a lost puppy around the house?"

He pouted but nodded. I sit on the couch only for him to sit next to me closely.

"Hawks" I give a warning tone

He whined laying on the couch putting his head back in my lap. He put his hands out making a grabby motion until I gave him my hand which he went back to nuzzling. I order the food real quick while he does his nuzzling.

I've noticed his nuzzling is more frequent. He does it everywhere he can. My arm, shoulder, neck, hands, back, even my hair if I don't stop him. He tried to nuzzle my thigh earlier but I told him to quit it.

Same thing with the kisses. It started with my palms, then my wrists, followed by my shoulders before I told him no. He is pressing his luck testing boundaries.

"Attention?" He whined softly to get my attention.

I sigh and gently scratch at his jawline gaining a happy hum from him while his wings flutter.

He's like a puppy. He leaves himself so vulnerable like this. Hawks may always seem relaxed but he is always guarded. I can see why he takes this time off.

"You got chicken right?"

"Yes" I smile

"Thank you" He looked awkward huffing looking frusterated, "Can't you take next week off?"

"You should know I can't. What if people need me for scheduling?"

He narrowed his eyes, "Like who? Yoon?"

"What is with you and Yoon?"

"Or maybe Spearman" he growled lightly

"Nothing is happening between us"

"Then why did he call you babe huh?" His eye twitched as his glare intensified

"Its none of your business anyway" I roll my eyes at his antics

He sat up quickly fanning out his wings, "It is! You're my m-...fake mate" he muttered the last part seeming to deflate.

"Hawks...you know better"

"I know..." he gripped the sides of his shirt before wrapping his wings around himself.

"Come on... don't do that"

"But you hate me"

"I don't hate you"

"Please don't kick me out" I could hear a soft sniffle from the red ball of plumage, "Im trying to be good, promise"

I know he's trying. He is being very well behaved concitering, "Come here Hawks. You're ok"

He unfurled his wings just enough I could see his eyes peek out. I open my arms for him and he slowly unfurled them before moving into a hug. What started as a hug turned into Hawks leaning into me cuddling.