His Assistant Part 2

"You must be (y/n). A pleasure to meet you. I'm gonna be honest I didn't expect a secretary so soon so I don't have much work for you right now" he chuckled lightly.

"Thats fine. I am getting familiar with the environment" I smiled at him.

"I heard from Jenny you dont have your permit yet, any chance you could go in and do that tomorrow? I like to make sure all employees have one in case something happens here at the office. It also can come in handy on the job like Jenny's" he leaned against the door frame with crossed arms.

"Ya I can do that but I don't know how comfortable I would be using my quirk" I nod

"Oh? Well then let's just hope no emergencies happen. You should be good but better safe than sorry. Do you have a defensive or more of a fighting quirk?" His honey eyes seemed to beam into my head.

"Um, it's a healing thing but its embarrassing to use and I don't think it office appropriate" I quickly finished getting my desk how I wanted it sitting in my new chair.

"Ok" Hawks walked in setting a packet of documents in front of me, "this is the liability forms for working here. Just need you to sign at the end. Its just to say if something happens with a villian outside of work we aren't liable and such of that nature. There is also a folder on the bottom with details of your job and how to do things. Your computer here is hooked up but you don't have access to everything yet. If you are accepted after this trial period then you will gain full access and your own company profile, badge, and access code" he sauntered back towards the door, "good luck"

My day was just going over all that paperwork. Office rules, dress code, and my duties. I sigh deciding to stay later to finish up. I was about finished when a sudden knock interrupted my train of thought. Jenny was at the door.

"I noticed you didn't clock out" she adjusted her glasses to the bridge of her nose

"Oh ya. Sorry I want to finish this before I go home" I smiled gesturing to the paperwork.

"You know we don't pay overtime" She raised an eyebrow

"I know, I just want to finish this. I only have a page left"

She nodded understanding before heading out. I quickly finished and clocked out heading home. Shitty apartment here I come. This was the one place that actually understood my problems with getting a job. I payed off rent every chance I got and kept up on my other bills that were less kind.

Evening came but sleep didn't come easily. I didn't get much sleep last night either. I have a month to convince Hawks to stay yet this first week I don't have shit to do. This was rigged. He won't give me access to most things so I can't even do most work.

I smile a sudden idea. I am also supposed to care for the boss. So that's what I'll do. Sleep came shortly after to be prepared for tomorrow.

I was ready. My hair tied back. Wearing my flats. I left early to the permit office once it opened getting in at 6 am. I got to work at 8 and clocked it. My first job, coffee. I prepare a coffee tray with cream and sugar and take it to Hawks office. I balance the tray and knock. I heard a come in and entered placing the tray on Hawks desk. The desk was huge. His whole office was huge. He looked confused till he saw the coffee.

"Is that for me?" He looked at it curiously

"Nah, its for the birds outside, I figured it would be easier to through it out your window than mine" I smile

"Oh, got a sense of humor, little bland but good try"

"I figured it WING it" I stiffled a giggle while saying it.

He smiled and took the coffee fixing it how he liked. I took note and took the tray back, "You ate breakfast right?"

He nodded scribbling his signature on a form.

"Ok, i got my permit this morning so I'm set if you have any extra work for me to do" I took the Coffee tray back to the break room.

I return to my desk to find a few papers and look them over. They were files needing put away. I put them were they needed and recieved a few calls. I made sure to grab a bottle of water and dropped it off at hawks desk. I got a paper with a list of times and places. I scheduled them out so the time slots fit and before i knew it it was time for lunch. I knocked on Hawks door before I was permitted inside.

"Its lunch, make sure to take a break" I smile and turn to leave

"Wait, lets go to lunch together" He hopped up

"Sure, where do you wanna go?"

Hawks smiled and his feathers seemed to puff out, "I have the perfect place!"

"Sure, wherever"

I regret that decision. I am at an all hero bar and grill. We sat at a booth across from each other hawks took advantage of the space letting his wings come slightly farther out than normal and letting them rest against the table.

"This place is great. The chef makes meals based on your quirk" he seemed giddy almost vibrating in his seat.

The server came over smiling "Hawks, we will have your food out soon, and you miss, what's your quirk?"

"Um. My quirk is a healing one" I smile awkwardly

"Your drawback and any allergies?"

"Exhaustion and (Allergies)" I chuckle awkwardly.

The server ran off to get the order in.

Hawks leaned on his hand supported by his elbow on the table he moved it to pull some of his messy hair back only for it to flop back where it usually was, "So dove, you come here often" the gold flakes in his eyes danced as he gave me his best smolder.

I stiffle a laugh but it came out in full force within seconds. He gave a fake pout.

"What do you think your doing bringing a pretty lady here without introducing me?" A foreign voice intruded. I nearly jump out of my skin turning to see the rabbit hero at the exit to the booth.

"Didn't wanna scare her off of course, you'd sent her hopping" Hawks sat back in the booth.

"I think she's already in the beak of doing so, nice to meet you, I'm Mirko" She smiled widely.

"Im (Y/N), its a pleasure to meet you" I smile back.

"She's my new secretary, damn good one so far too" Hawks pointed finger guns.

"You two should come to my party tonight, Its gonna be pretty rad" Mirko bragged

"Sure" Hawks shrugged

"Wait, but it's Tuesday and we work tomorrow" I interject.

"Don't sweat it chickadee, I'm the boss remember, and I say we go, Mirko text me the info" he pointed a thumb at himself in a cocky manner giving a smirk.

Anxiety for the party that evening built as the rest of the day progressed up until I made it to the address Hawks gave me on time. Only to see no party in sight.