Instincts Part 2 🍋🍋

I closed the door and started cleaning my poor house. My couch cushions were no where to be found. I had finger prints on my glass door. I had that chicken left out of the freezer all night. In less than 24 hours he fucked up everything. I have only had him here for only maybe 13 hours. It was already 1pm. I just had to wait till 6.

He was obviously getting better since he is finally talking but he doesn't have a grip on himself at all.

A few hours later I figured I'd go in to give him some water.

"Kid, you're back" he strained the cuffs working himself to sit up, "listen, I feel like there is a miss understanding"

"Oh?" I stop actually curious

"I made the nest for BOTH of us. But I feel like it's kinda empty, see what I'm getting at here kid?"

"Im not sharing a bed with you"

"But you accepted me! That's not fair!"

"I didn't accept shit"

"You did!" His wings started flapping wildly as he tried to come closer, "You took the bird and touched me and you even tried to bring me in after my display. Come on kid, we made a nest together"

I already had the beginnings of a headache. I helped him sip some water and eat a little before leaving again.

My headache got worse because he got worse. Hawks kept calling to me. He was relentless. I thought he'd give up but an HOUR passed and I finally caved going back into the room.

"I swear to God, what the fuck do you want?"

"My nest is empty without you. I miss you"

"Its 4pm. Just 2 hours and you'll be back to normal. Just wait it out ok?"

"Come on kid, don't leave me alone. I'll be good. Uncuff me"

I sighed staring at him for a few long moments. I gave in undoing the cuffs, "You're lucky I feel bad and personally responsible for your situation" I was ready to leave when he held my wrist again.

"Why do you keep leaving. I moved it all for you. I've worked so hard on it all"

"Hawks, I can't find the words to explain this in a way for your bird brain to understand. In a few hours you'll get it"

"But...you're my mate"

My brain short curcuited. Please tell me he did not just say that? Does he realise the gravity of those words?

"Hawks, your bird brain can't realise that...its not...humans don't..." I sigh trying to find words, "Humans have different...courting rituals. I did not realise you were trying to court me"

His face fell completely. His wings drooped and he looked ready to cry, "But...you..we...kid" he motioned to the nest but sighed slumping.

I almost felt bad until he suddenly perked up flapping his wings, "Then I'll court you that way"

The determination in his voice made me laugh, "How do you suppose you'll do that?"

"Well... how do you court?"

"Its a long ass process"

"But... then what about the nest?"

"You are such a birdbrain you know"

"You are my life mate though..." he drooped again.

This man is determined, I'll give him that, "Hawks, trust me, everything will make sense soon"